Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Frank or Pike Breech at 32 Weeks

Posted by on May. 9, 2008 at 2:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
I need to vent and then get some suggestions...

So...had my 32 week check up today.  My little man has been in the breech position for a while now and the 3d ultrasound at 29 weeks showed him in the "pike" or "frank" position, with his legs stretched out above his head.  Today my Dr. said that by now he should be turning, and he isn't.   She also said that in the "pike breech" he is less likely to turn around in time for a vaginal delivery than he would be he was in full breech or transverse! 

WTF! 

I have another appointment in 2 weeks and if he is still presenting breech they will schedule an ultrasound for 35 weeks and again at 36 weeks.  At that point, if he is still not head down we will have to, "discuss options." 

She said the likelihood of being able to manually turn the baby is 50% and super painful and the other option is a scheduled c-section.

LAME!  Any tips for me to help encourage my little man to flip over?

~love & light~
krystal

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

by on May. 9, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by on May. 9, 2008 at 2:48 PM
YES: www.spinningbabies.com is VERY informative!!
mommykrystal08
by on May. 9, 2008 at 3:29 PM
THANK YOU!
Quoting doulala:

YES: www.spinningbabies.com is VERY informative!!

~love & light~
krystal

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

rockymatier
by on May. 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM
I would look into Accupucture, my baby always responds to my treatments, and I am sure that there are points that will hopefully do the trick. Start now that way you have time to get several treatments in before your due date. Good Luck! Also try researching if any other doc's in your area preform breech vaginal births, I hear that very few are trained but you can sometimes find one in your area. I hear that with a highly trained professional it can be done safely.
doulala
by on May. 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Quoting rockymatier:

I would look into Accupucture, my baby always responds to my treatments, and I am sure that there are points that will hopefully do the trick. Start now that way you have time to get several treatments in before your due date. Good Luck! Also try researching if any other doc's in your area preform breech vaginal births, I hear that very few are trained but you can sometimes find one in your area. I hear that with a highly trained professional it can be done safely.

I absolutely agree! Chiropractic, acupuncture, and Spinningbabies are great to do. But many babies ARE born breech with experienced docors & midwives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)