Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Acupuncture?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am pregnant with my second son and I was due yesterday.  ahhhh.  I have an acupuncture appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning because my midwife said this was the only natural way of inducing that she has seen work and that she believes in.  I am wondering if this did or did not work for anyone and if it did work about how long after acupuncture did you go into labor?

by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Truus18
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Okay...so I'm responding a few days later and as far as I know you could have given birth by now :-)
I haven't heard enough about acupunctures effect on bringing about labor. What I can tell you is that I was 4 days "over due" with my 1st born and 1 day  with my second. If it hasn't happened already...don't worry it will.
While I was due with my second, I had gone to the playground with my 1st and over did it on purpose. Next thing you know I was in labor at 4 a.m. that night/next day.

Keep us posted!

mb_dolphin
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM
i did 5 sessions of acupuncture before finally going into labor with my son, who was born 20 days after his due date. my midwife and several of her associates believe in it wholeheartedly. i DEFINITELY felt that it moved things along, although if i wasn't already close to that point, i am not convinced it would have gotten me started. (i started acu at 42 weeks, i was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced when i started, and it took 5 sessions over the next 4 days to get things rolling.) it definitely made him kick and dance around in the womb a lot, that i can attest to. all the other key early labor signs (mucus plug, water starting to trickle) happened as i was leaving acupuncture each time... hope that helps.
charmichan
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:48 PM
I started to go to an acupuncturist around 38 weeks to keep my bloodpressure in check because I had a pre-eclampsia scare. My last appointment, at 40 weeks, he did points for induction also. I was only 1cm at the time. 3 days later I had my baby in my arms! So for me, it was a total success. We were so worried about the pre-eclampsia, that I would need to go to the hospital to have the baby and be induced there, etc. But because of the acupuncture, my baby came 10 days early and we were able to have the waterbirth we dreamed of.

I hope your acupuncture appointment went well and that your baby has come or is coming soon. Good luck!

-Kris
doulala
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 1:39 AM
Jennyboston has certainly given birth by now... I thought I'd reply that it did not work for me when I tried it at 39 weeks. My water had been broken for a couple of days and my midwives suggested we tryyyy to get things moving. Didn't do anything for me.
ida123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Havent heard that. Maybe it bringing labor midwife knows best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN