Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome.....let's hear your birthing story/s

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:00 PM
  • 273 Replies
2 moms liked this
Welcome to the group!
Let's share our birthing stories..what happened, what we would change (if anything), and or what you'd do in the future.
I had posted mine in the "Advice" post if you'd like to check it out(my fingers are feeling a bit lazy....LOL)
I'd also like to take this opportunity to say, Congrats to you did it!!!!

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Oct. 6, 2007 at 8:22 PM

okay so everyone keeps asking about my labor...  especially the girls who still have the wonderful event to look forward to.  so I will try to be as helpful as possible.  but really all i can say is thank god that it is different for everyone because i really don't wish what happened to me on my worst enemy...

on thursday july 26 around 7pm i started getting really bad stomach cramps, i thought it was because of this nasty mac and cheese i ate so i didn't really pay attention to it...  but within a few hours it started getting regular, like every 5-7 minutes or so...  steven timed them for me for about 2 hours and when they got to like 4 minutes apart we knew we had to go to the hospital.  we stayed home til probably about 11pm'ish...  around that time i started bleeding a little bit, nothing major, just kinda pink.  the contractions weren't really all that strong but i wanted to be at the hospital so i could get my epidural lol.  we headed to the hospital and by the time we got there i could barely talk or walk... 

the nurse examined me and told me i was still only 1 centimeter (like i had been for the past 3 weeks or so) and that it could still be  a few days...  she told me to go home and take a shower (YEAH RIGHT like i could even stand up long enough at that point)...  I was so pissed!  my mom and sister had driven all the way from baltimore just to be sent home as well so i felt really bad...  the doctor gave me a sleeping pill to get me thru the night.  when steven and i got home i tried my hardest to sleep thru the contractions which didn't work, even with the damn sleeping pill.  i slept for maybe 10 minutes.  it was so frustrating.  after a few more hours i said fuck it let's go back to the hospital.  i was determined to get them to give me some pain meds, somethiing, and i told steven if they tried to send me home again he needed to speak on my behalf lol, since i couldn't barely talk!  and tell them i am not going home without a baby...

of course that didn't work.  we got to the hospital around 8am and they examined me again and said i was still 1-2 centimeters.  the nurse said to try walking around (again, impossible, it hurt too bad) and come back around noon.  she also said take tylenol for the pain, which is hilarious because tylenol doesn't even help with a damn headache, that bitch must have been insane!  so we went home (AGAIN) and i just laid there in excruciating pain for a few hours.  i didn't wanna go back at noon and just be sent home again so i waited it out as long as i could...  i was in so much pain, it's indescribable.  it's not even how bad it hurt, it's just that it was non stop...  i would barely recover from one contraction when the next one would start.  they were like 2-3 minutes apart and lasting 90 damn seconds! 

finally at 2pm i couldn't take it anymore so we went back to the hospital.  at that point it  hurt so bad i couldn't even walk to the car, god only knows how i got out there...  they checked me into the hospital and examined me (by now i was very familiar with the process!) and i was shocked to hear that i was already 10 centimeters...  they said all i need to do was have my water broken...  i begged them for an epidural but unfortunately it was too late so i couldn't get one...  i was devestated when they told me that, i thought as soon as i got to the hospital the pain would stop at least temporarily...

so steven goes out to the car to get the camera and almost as soon as he walks out of the room, my water broke on its own...  the nurses were shocked...  i started pushing at about 2:50...  the one nurse said he would be here before 3pm but i thought she was just saying that to make me feel better, i didn't believe her at all.  i just wanted it over with, i really thought i was losing my mind.  i pushed 3 times and by 3:02pm he was out...  it was crazy, i thought it would be at least an hour.  the pushing really didn't hurt too bad, at that point i think i was in shock from the last day or so...  i don't think my body could recognize anymore pain.

the doctor told me i didn't even really tear that bad, i think he said it was just a second degree tear...  but that doesn't make me feel better right now, it still hurts a lot!!!

anyway, that is my story...  i guess i am lucky in a way that it went so fast but at the time it felt like forever...  and being sent home twice was so disappointing...  in my head i imagined i'd go to the hospital, take a few contractions, get an epidural and push him out a few hours later...  yeah right.  don't count on anything...  lol.

by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 3:06 PM
5 moms liked this
ok so i am also a member of hte bradley metod group.... just to let u all know. but my experiance was like heaven compared to urs! that sux!  my husband and i didn't agree on the bradley method until i was about 5.5 or 6 months preggers, what convinced me to go o naturale was seeing two of my girlfriends go through it with drugs! it was aweful. they didn't know if they were oushin or not, they had to get caths because they couldn't walk, they had to either not bathe or get sponge bathed or showered in a wheel chair for almost 24hrs! and their poor babies came out sooo dazed and confused they didn't even cry after bein smacked on the butt! my dad had been pushing us to go with the bradley method since the minute he found out we were expecting because he used to teach it and coached my mom and stepmom through their births, so he tried his best to remember it all, and my momma bought us the books, and he helped us learn how to do it naturally. we found a birthing center when i was about 30wks along and wanted to deliver there in the pool, but my baby had other ideas... b4 we had the chance to sign all the papers and transfer my chart from the ob to the center, my water bag ripped and was leaking heavily. thanx to my hornball hunny!!LOL. so my ob had me admitted to the hospital and i got into my gianormous room at 2:30pm ish. the rude ass nurses kept pushing me and pushing me to take the iv pain meds. one of them even went as far as to come in with the iv meds in her hand and wait for me to contract then in the middle of it she gave me a vaginal exam then had e get up and walkout the rest of it!! i was like oh no u didn't bitch! i got my happy ass up outta the bed after she lied me back down and tried again to push drugs on me and "escorted" her outta there. i asked for a new nurse immediatly and told called the floor director and reported her, then askes him to call my ob because i hd it in my char tthat i was to deliver with out medicinal intervention unless found to be ABSOLUTLY neccessary. my contraction weren't that bad at all, and the only reason i knew i was having most of them was because i would look at the machines recording them. at about 10:30pm my ob came and ruptured my bag the rest of the way, and i fell asleep for about 2 and a half hours. then at 1am exactly ( i remember because where i live thats what time montel comes on) i started to get stronger contractions. i called the night nurse because i thought i had to poop and i wanted her to unplug my iv machine for me. she came in and refused because my water had already been broken so she put a bed pan. i called her back about 5 min later to tell her i wanted to go in the toilet and she said i didn't even have to poop it was just the baby pushing on my bowels and i said no it wasn't i either had to poop or i had to push. well she kept blowing me off! then at 1:20am the nurse came back FINALLY and decided to check me so i would shut up already and go back to bed ( i had only been 2to3 centimeters all day) and i was at 10 with zero plus 3 whateva that means. she got all scared and ran out and came back with two more nurses and told me my doctor was on the way. then her and another nurse pushed my knees together and told me whatever i do DONOT PUSH!!! apparently my baby's head was already out to his eyebrows! by the time the doctor got there my husband was running around like a maniac my dad kept telling to think of the beach on  calm day or some dumb crap like that, and to stay calm and breath normally. and i was all telling my husband ( eddie ) to calm the f$%^ down and get over there and hold my hand and telling my dad to shut the hell up about the damn beach. i pushe two times and at 1:26am my son was born! i got up right away. bathed him, nursed him, rocked him to sleep, took a shower and POOPED then ate and walked across the floor to my post pardom room.  
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 1:43 PM
I have one child, an almost five month old son, Nemo Mathema K. He was born on October 23, 2006 and his is a long birth story.
  I enjoyed my pregnancy. Of course there were the usual aversions to food, inevitable weight gain, middle of the night snacks and potty breaks and not being about to wear my favorite clothes in the summer Frown. However, it was an amazing 9 months! I felt so full of life and inner energy, even if I wasn't feeling it outwardly. I was proud of my belly and though I didn't show my bare belly, I was proud to display my new womanly figure Cool.
  There was one interesting addition to the story of my pregnancy. My husband and I were planning a homebirth, but at week 35 my b/p was up and as the cascade goes, I ended up changing careproviders to a midwife in the hospital. I tested negative for pre-eclampsia, but they were still concerned about my b/p, so dissapointed as we were we chose the next best option for us.
  As most moms can understand, I was getting anxious to meet my baby by the end of my pregnancy. So I took caster oil on the morning of my due date, October 19, 2006. You will hear a lot of stories about what caster oil does to you and how well, or not well, it goes down. I still say the worst part was the burping afterwards (uugghhhh). Anyway, within an hour or so, I started having mild contractions. They were coming about every 15-20 minutes, but were irregular and not painful, so I didn't call my husband home from work (It was a Thursday). By the time he came home they were getting more regular and I was thinking we should be making plans to head to the hospital. 
  We spent the night at a friend's house, who lived much closer to the hospital than us (we chose a hospital 45 minutes away). By the time we got there, though, the contractions had piddled down to nothing (they still weren't very painful). The next morning (Friday), my husband and I went home, I got some more sleep (I hadn't gotten much the night before, expecting the contractions to pick up). The contractions continued through Friday, but were very mild, I still got sleep on Friday night. 
  Saturday morning (day three) my mom came up and used some accupressure and massage on different parts of my body (she's a licensed massage therapist, yeah!). Not too long after the contractions started coming much faster and stronger (4-7) minutes apart. We went for a couple walks and I sat on my yoga ball a lot. That evening we felt confident I'd be going into active labor so my mom left for home.
  I should also say that I was able to guide my husband through vaginal exams so that I wouldn't go to the hospital too early. Though he could see I was making slow progress, I was still only 2.5 to 3cm on Saturday evening.
  Saturday night I hardly slept between contractions, they were getting much more painful and I was vocal during them Wink. I let Glen sleep because I knew I would need his help much more later on. I remember lying there wishing for morning to come quickly. It is a very lonely feeling being awake, in pain, by yourself in the dark.
  My mom came back Sunday morning, and my midwife came to check on me. I was a good 3cm now, but getting tired. My midwife suggested that I sleep as much as I could, and to not come to the hospital until I was 4cm or I couldn't sleep or stay relatively comfortable anymore.
  I slept for a couple hours, thanks to Nyquil, but woke up again with strong contractions. Glen and I went for short walks, I used the ball and rested as much as I could. That night Glen's parents brought us dinner. I was thankful, but felt in a tight spot because I couldn't comfortable let myself loose in their presence. I did a lot of breathing.
  This is about the time I would say I turned "active". I had to focus a lot during contractions and had to close my eyes. I could hear what people were saying, but I wasn't going to talk during them. After my in-laws left I tried to sleep with more Nyquil, but I knew it wasn't going to work, and I was getting restless. So Glen checked me and found that though I was still only pushing 4cm, my bag of water was bulging, so he agreed with me that it was time to go to the hospital.
  We got there around 9pm on Sunday night. My b/p was sky high, but my midwife put me into the tub and within 45 minutes it was my norm for pregnancy. Praise God! So they let me be and I labored with Glen, my private nurse, Kari, my mom, my homebirth midwife ... they all took turns. Also there was my sister and mom-in-law, but they stayed in the background. I don't even really remember them being there because I had my eyes closed most of the time. 
  My water was broken at 4cm (around 11pm) and I immediately started making more progress.  I used the bathtub and the ball mostly, felt most comfortable in an all fours position and on my side. I didn't leave the room to walk because I was too tired and out of my normal head to think (imagine that). I'm so thankful for all the support I had. I no longer felt like I had to be hostess, so I took advantage of whatever help they were willing to give.
  Around 3:30 or 4am, I asked for Nubain and received 1/2 a dose. It was just what I needed to get through transition. I had been dilated just over a cm and hour I think, and the contractions were coming relentlessly. Glen said that my contractions were rating off the chart on the monitor. He was awesome, stayed right by my side, didn't leave unless someone else was with me. That was very important. He said I didn't most of the laboring on my own though (and I agree).
  Anyway, I started pushing around 5am I think. Maybe a bit earlier. I pushed for quite a while because I was too tired to push effectively and Nemo's hand was beside his head. My midwife had me hold onto the center of a sheet and someone held onto each end on the sides of the bed, I pushed against their hips and pulled on the sheet and I hear that made quite a bit of difference in my pushing.
  Nemo was born at 5:46am and immediately began to cry (actually cried for quite a while). Glen helped to catch him and he was put right onto my belly where they dried him off. He was so amazing! After all that labor it was easy to forget what I was doing it for, and here he was! My little Glen Smile
  Glen and I hung out and basked in our joy. It was such an amazing experience and I will always treasure it.
  I suppose the things that were most important were the support was given, that the people I chose to be there really believed in me. I was thankful for my midwife and her being willing to do things as naturally as possible since I had wanted a homebirth. I definetly want Glen to catch the next one too, it gave him a lot more confidence as a new father, I think. 
  I do plan to have a homebirth next time though. Since my b/p was never a real issue, we'll just remember that water does wonders for me! My b/p had been been normal in labor at home (my mom checked it a few times), so the midwife attributed it to white coat syndrome when I went to the hospital. 
  Because I am a doula and an aspiring midwife, I want to experience both options for birth places and I look forward to my next birth story!


Group owner of:

Birth Counseling

Birth Stories

Wives of Musicians

by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Here's my story:

July 4, 10pm. My due date was the next day, on July 5. Just after all the fireworks ended, I started getting stomach cramping. I layed down in bed and OMG...the worst shooting pain ever. I rolled off the bed, walked around the room, then tried again. OUCH...another shooting pain. So I got up and wento get on the computer. My midwife said my baby was sitting on a nerve, so I figured that was what it was, and if I sat up for a bit, she'd move off the nerve. Well, to my surprise they kept coming. Shooting pains, though they weren't too bad when I was standing. I played on the computer, ate a sandwich, and timed them for about an hour. At 11pm, I called my mom (who was in town waiting for me to go into labor) and my sister and told them I think it had started. I couldn't sit or lay, because the pain was unbearable if I did, so I walked around. I also started drinking my red raspberry leaf tea (yum). I told my husband I was in labor. He smiled and told me to wake him up in a little while. So at 2am, I woke him up and told him to call into work. I continued to labor at home, most of the time alone in the baby's room so I could concentrate. At 6am, my contractions were 3-4 min apart, so my midwife said I could go in. When I got there, I was 5cm dilated and 100% effaced. I had to be on antibiotics for 60 min because I was group B strep positive. They tried making me lay in the bed on my side, but i told them they were crazy, I wasn't laying down, so I stood next to the bed. After the antibiotics, I got in the hot tub.....YAY for hot water!!!!!!!! I labored in the tub for about 2 hours. I was fully dilated, so I asked my midwife to break my water, and she did. I then proceeded to push for about 2 hours. I was pushing with all my might, but it seemed to take forever for her to come out! In the process, I also heard a big POP in my back, which I later found out was my tailbone dislocating. OUCH. Eventually, she came out and into my arms....she was BEAUTIFUL, but she didn't have an umbilical cord! They pulled me out of the tub, and the rest of the umbilical cord was inside. It had snapped when I pushed her out because it was only about 5 inches long. It wasn't long enough to be attached and have the baby come out. I thank the Lord all the time that it snapped and didn't do any damage, and she didn't lose too much blood. I can't even think about what could've happened....SCARY. I tore internally, so they had to take me to a doctor to get sewn up. That was PAINFUL. I was in a LOT of pain afterwards because of my tailbone. The tearing didn't even hurt after I got the stitches...just my tailbone. I could hardly move in bed, walk, get up, and I couldn't even change her diaper. It was miserable. But.......she was in my arms, all 7lbs 2oz of her, breastfeeding like a pro, and it was a beautiful experience.

Next time, I will be much more calm and not so anxious. I think that's normal for the first baby though because i didn't know what to expect. I also wish I would have video taped more of the process. My mom turned on the camera as she was put into my arms, so the video is only like 30 seconds long. But it's better than nothing. Next time I want to video MORE of it so I can share the experience. And hopefully next time my tailbone stays in place! It is just now feeling better, and she's 4 1/2 months old!!!! And hopefully my next one will be born in the water too....I can't imagine doing it out of the tub!
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 3:32 AM
Quoting 1littleangel07:

Here's my story:

July 4, 10pm. My due date was the next day, on July 5. Just after all the fireworks ended,

Wow! That's intense and exciting!! Five-inch umbillical cord-- that could be scary. But nature has it figured out, it looks like. It can SNAP if it should need to! I never knew that, that's great! Every birth is different, unique, and special. There's so much to learn from EACH one!
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 4:23 PM
Well the end of my pregnancy was really painfull. My feet and legs got so swollen I couldn't walk. I hurt all the time my hips and pelvis killed me I couldn't sleep. So the night of Sept 4th I couldn't sleep at all I new something was gonna be happening soon I was already thinned out and 3 cent. But I just hung out all night with barley any sleep because I had a doc appt the next day. Well we got to my ob and waited for ever. She happily told me that everyone had deleivered the weekend before and was surprised  I hadn't. I told I think I might have been contracting and that I had been pooin all day. She Held my belly and said yes to contractions then she checked me and striped my membranes and said I could break your water if you wanted. I said ok. So she broke my water around 11:00 on Sept 5th. We went to eat and well I did have a pad but it was like my water broke again water just gushed out so we lived in a diff town than my hospital and doc so we went to the hos and had someone else get my stuff.  At the hospital they checked me into a room and They had my bith plan already so they knew NO drugs no IV No shots nothing but birth ball jacuzzi rocking chair walking and my bed. They were the best nurses I ever me in my life. I started really contracting around 10 or 11 and it was really bad in my back I mean if was the worst. I walked alot and the nurses made me lots of baths. I had my mom- a nurse my husband- nursing assistant. friend-nurse my aunt and another friend. they traded off massaged my lower back because It hurt so bad. around 12 or 1 my contraction started to get further apart and they wanted to give me pitocin. Well I knew it was make my contraction hurt worse so I told them to wait till I could talk to my doc in the morn around 6 or 7 well around 3 or 4 It was getting bad and they only checked me a few times becuase my water had broke. A nurse came in and told me to OOOOO during contractions.. Well I was ooing so freaking loud they shut my door. Anyway around 6 in the morn they did shift change and a new nurse came in and I was still ooing really loud. She said Brittany you need to calm down focus on my voice think of a beach with wind in your hair relax your feet relax your toes and so on well I fell asleep a couple of times listening to her voice I mean this contraction were the home stretch and she had me nearly asleep It was crazy I really believe to this day she had me hypnotized. Anyway my back hurt so bad they thought the baby was turned so they kept having me get on my hands and knees well tis was horrible I felt like my pelvis was breaking I cried at this point and asked for drugs but they followed my birth plan and helped me through. So finally my doc shows checks me and I'm almost there. It was about 20 hours of labor so far. Anyway around 10:15 on Sept 6th I got to pee so I get up and try and the nurse comes in and has me lay down they check me and it's time to push. 15 mins later Hayden Khael was born It took 23 hours and 13 mins but finally I was done.
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 9:58 PM
Well, I won't share my first birth story, because it was anything but natural.  However, she was amazingly beautiful and it led me to seek out and question authority. 

Margaret Jane 8.6lbs 19 1/2 in

My second child was an accidental home birth, I birthed her unassisted (aside from my friend who showed up 20 min before she was born) and then however was transferred to the hospital, THAT ended the beauty of my experience.  At home, she came 2 1/2 hours after I woke up.  When I was begging for my epidural with my first, I was only 4 cm, so I figured that even though I was hurting badly with my labor this time, I was probably still a while away from baby time.  I walked a lot, tried to use the restroom a lot (that epi took away my feeling so I never knew feeling like having to poop was a BIG sign that you were close) and I also took a bath.  The bath helped A LOT and I even dozed off until transition hit.  I called my husband at work crying and he said he couldn't leave (he didn't think I was actually about to have a baby).  So I called my friend who lived down the street and she was there in 5 min.  I answered the door in a towel and told her what was going on.  She was about to take me to the hospital, but I told her to call an ambulance, that there was no way I was going to mess up her car if my water broke or we had the baby lol.  As she was on the phone with dispatch the urge to push came and I just couldn't help it, I HAD to help my body birth this baby.  She was out in 3 pushes.  First push broke my water, second push delivered her head, and the third and strongest push delivered her body onto my bed.  It was amazing!  We tied the cord six inches from her body and held he skin to skin, covered with a towel.  After that, teh beauty goes out the window with interegation from hospital staff, drug testing on baby and myself, locked in the hospital for 3 days...all of which I thought was legal and I HAD to do.  If only I knew.

Iris Melinda 7.5lbs 20 in

Baby #3:

I had gone post dates with the girls and had a feeling this guy would be no different.  At 40 weeks and 3 days, labor started.  I was excited!!  My doula drove out to my house, my husband came home from work and we were READY! stopped.  SO disappointing!  That continued for a whole week.  I'd have regular, increasing contractions, and then POOF, gone!  The next monday, 41 weeks 3 days, I was beyond irritated when my contractions started again.  I called my mil to rescue me from the confines of my house.  Her and my sil came and got me and my two year old.  We went shopping and within minutes I was having my contractions 4 min apart, but thought nothing of it, afterall, this was a regular occurance for the past week. 

After walking around the store for about 30 minutes, I was ready to go.  I wasn't in pain, but the contractions were definitely uncomfortable and the store was very distracting.  My mil, who's an L&D nurse, wanted me to go to the hospital, but I wasn't ready yet so we went out to lunch.  I figured after sitting down, my ctrx would stop AGAIN and then I could just go home and sleep or whatever.  Well, they kept coming, 4 min, 90 seconds long, sometimes longer.  Finally, I agreed to go to the hospital, so we dropped Iris off with my gramma who would pick Maggie up from school, and went to wake up my husband.  He literally was not going to get up because he was just as convinced as I was that this was a false alarm. 

On the way to the hospital I called my doula and gave her the heads up.  I also started to feel some pain with the contractions but not much, just enough that I had to stop and breathe a bit at the peak.  They were 2-3 minutes apart when I was finally at the hospital and monitored.  I was still able to talk and laugh and it wasn't too awfully bad (I know now how powerful our minds are).  I agreed to be checked by the nurse and was shocked to find out I was a whopping 7 cm!!!  After that, everything kicked into gear.  I sat on the birth ball and started moaning through my contractions, informing my husband that we were gonna have a baby REAL soon.  The nurse had me sign any necessary waivers per my birth plan for things we were refusing and they wanted me to have a heparin lock, though they never were able to get it in.  YAY! 

I had arrived shortly after 3pm.  We walked to my labor and delivery room from triage at about 345.  I hit transition just a few minutes afterward and slowdanced with my hubby.  Finally, I just had to sit.  I was propped up in the hospital bed and would grap hubby's hand for support or the rails when my contractions hit.  At one point I *thought* about drugs, then I knew I was close, and I never verbalized that thought. 

I was starting to feel like I had to push, but it wasn't the same urge to push I had with my last.  We realized when my OB checked me that I had a lip of cervix left, which she moved out of my way and though that was the most painful thing I've ever felt, it allowed me to feel that need and desire to push, so I did.  Maybe 20 total minutes of pushing, only a few from crowing, and he was delivered at 4:37 pm!  It was amazing! 

Alexander Odin 9.6 lbs 21 1/2 in (my big boy!)

Owner of: Moving and Pregnant ~ Moms on bedrest ~ *Raising Intact Boys*

Admin of: Alternative Parenting ~ Moms Against Circumcision

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Wow Brittany!! Sounds like an amazing experience!
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:33 PM
Katie, your path has brought you here now. That's great! You had very different experiences with your 3 births-- unique, special, educational! I wonder if BECAUSE your first was medically intervened (and less ideal) you were more appreciative with the 2nd and 3rd births; you had perspective.
by on Nov. 18, 2007 at 1:18 AM

My birth story...
First, I didn't want natural births but got them anyway :).  Now I'm very proud I can say I did it!  So... here ya go!

With my first baby I started having contractions at 10:45 pm.  I had just laid down for bed.  My contractions were 5 minutes apart from the beginning so after about 20 minutes I called my doctor to find out if I should go to the hospital.  He told me to wait an hour then go in.  About 15 minutes later, I had a huge urge to push so my husband and I decided to head to the hospital.  Of course, as soon as we got to the hospital, the nurse checked me out and I was dilated to a 10!  For the next 15 minutes, while I waited for the doctor to arrive, the nurses would't let me push.  I begged for an epidural :).  When the doctor finally arrived Charlotte's head was already out so he made it just in time to catch her.  I only had to push once!  My whole labor from start to finish was 2 hours and 5 minutes.

With my second baby, my contractions started at about 11:30 pm.  I was waiting for the contractions to become a little more regular but they never did.  Suddenly they just felt different and I knew I needed to get to the hospital.  I was trying to make it in time for an epidural :).  When I arrived, I was checked again and asked for my epidural right away.  I didn't think I'd have much of a chance to get one.  The nurse didn't believe me and said I was only at a 5 so we could wait for a bit.  10 minutes later she came and checked me again and I was dilated to a 10!  Boy did she look horrified :)!  Sampson was born after 3 pushes.  My labor with him was only 2 hours and 25 minutes.

In the end, I wouldn't have changed anything about my births.  I can say I did them naturally, I have two wonderful, beautiful kids, and I felt great after!  Maybe I'll try having the next baby at home :).  Then I wouldn't have to spend 2 days in a hospital! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)