Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deployed Daddy...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 364 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My Daddy won't be home until when?!?!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amybeth421
by Group Owner on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Awe.  We have all been there.  My hubby is currently gone.  My boys are 6 and 7 and understand now what is happening when Daddy goes away.  Stay busy and it will go fast.  Love the picture. 

CGWife09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Do members of the Coast Guard get deployed a lot? I'm sorry:(

littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

If they are on a ship, yes. They normally will be underway for half the year. It depends on the boat how long each patrol will be for.

Some boats go out for 2 months, come home for 2, others go out for longer

Hubby has been deployed "underway" 8 times now. boo

Quoting CGWife09:

kelciwod
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

That picture is so stinking cute! I really hope my husband isnt gone that long. Am I being too optimistic? lol My husband goes to basic on Tuesday. =( When does your husband come back?

littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

It really depends on if he is stationed on a ship or not. When you get his orders you can PM me and let me know, I could probbaly give you an estimate of how long he'll be gone.

Hubby will be home in a few months, I know when he'll be home but I can't post it on the internet. lol

Quoting kelciwod:

That picture is so stinking cute! I really hope my husband isnt gone that long. Am I being too optimistic? lol My husband goes to basic on Tuesday. =( When does your husband come back?

kelciwod
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Okay, I will for sure PM you when we find out. That would help me out a lot. 

haha...I had no idea there was confidentiality with CG? That's great he will be home soon. 

So what do you do when he is gone? Do you work, hang out with people or meander around? =) Are you close with the other coast guard wives? 

Quoting littlemonaghan:

It really depends on if he is stationed on a ship or not. When you get his orders you can PM me and let me know, I could probbaly give you an estimate of how long he'll be gone.

Hubby will be home in a few months, I know when he'll be home but I can't post it on the internet. lol

Quoting kelciwod:

i0uonegalaxy7
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Dh is gone 15+ days a month. He is at a small boat station. It is one of the more family friendly ones too!

Quoting kelciwod:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelciwod
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what Im hoping! =) 

Quoting i0uonegalaxy7:

Dh is gone 15+ days a month. He is at a small boat station. It is one of the more family friendly ones too!

Quoting kelciwod:

littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Well this is his 2nd time on a ship, the 1st time we didn't have the baby, so I worked. I worked 2 part time jobs before and when I had off I pretty much just hung out at home. I was also close enough to my family that I would drive home on the weekends sometimes.

This time we're stationed far away from family, but I also have the baby now. So I'm home with her pretty much all day everyday, but there is another cg wife that we were stationed with before...she lives 3 houses down from me, so I hang out with her a lot now. 

And yes, there is confidentiality in every branch. Basically you never discuss when the boat is leaving, when its coming back and when and where port calls are. 

Yeah we're excited that hes coming home soon, but it still seems far away to me. lol

Quoting kelciwod:

Okay, I will for sure PM you when we find out. That would help me out a lot. 

haha...I had no idea there was confidentiality with CG? That's great he will be home soon. 

So what do you do when he is gone? Do you work, hang out with people or meander around? =) Are you close with the other coast guard wives? 

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Quoting kelciwod:

CGWife09
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Oh Ok I see. I was reading the other post and I will be like you staying at the house with my little girl. I am not sure yet where my husband will be but we find out, I guess the end of April.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

If they are on a ship, yes. They normally will be underway for half the year. It depends on the boat how long each patrol will be for.

Some boats go out for 2 months, come home for 2, others go out for longer

Hubby has been deployed "underway" 8 times now. boo

Quoting CGWife09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)