Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks and stares

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 11:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
My husband and i went grocery shopping today. For some reason i noticed people looking at us as if one of us was bleeding or not wearing a stitch of clothing. I couldnt figure it out then i realized what it was. When i was with my first husband we got the same looks but heck, that was many years ago. I THOUGHT THINGS HAD GOTTEN BETTER! Im 7 months pregnant and you would think i had a sign on my back saying im having puppies or something. I ask my husband if he felt the stares and he said yes. We left the basket of food and went to a mexican grocery store here in wichita. Not a soul stared wide eyed or gave us a second look. Im sure no matter what race a person is, if they are shocked by interacial couples they just are, but i gotta say ladies, crap that sucked.
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sarahbear1
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2008 at 7:15 PM
I think it all depends on where you live. I am currently living in Canada and here.. there are so many different races and religons. that i dont think people ... CARE ...  my husband is Chinese.   With us .. it wasnt other people that were staring or rude.. but HIS FAMILY.. who are a very traditional CHINESE family... were ready to disown him and wanted NOTHING to do with daniel our son.  But the  minute they met daniel.. he was their world. Now we have a daughter as well. Things are alot better between our family and my husbands family. 

hope to talk to you soon

Sarah from CANADA.. but org from SALINA KANSAS :)
AimeeEK
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM
I completely agree. i am white and my boyfriend is haispanic and for the most part people seem to be ok with it. But every now and again we get stares and I have noticed it is mostly older white people or hispanic women that are getting angry.
ScorpionMomof2
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Ughhhhhh....believe me I've been with my husband for over 6 years and we still get the SAME stares as we got from the beginning............the other day we were in a Hispanic restaurant (oh btw I'm asian and he's latino)....well not only did the waitress stare at us and act like a real B***sh but there was this one lady who sat right behind us and stared like we were both lit on fire!!!  It still gets me but sometimes we just gotta laugh and be like.....whatever, shrug our shoulders and move on............ ;)

temikaerk
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM

I am African American and my husband is german and we get looks all the time. I dont let it bother me anymore. People are stupid and immature if they let someones race judge the way they feel about a certain person. Eventually everyone is going to be mixed up anyway so who cares. So dont worry about what anyone thinks of you. Who are they to judge.Do what makes you happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)