Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms, I need your advice!! Inwood/Martinsburg area

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 481 Total Views
Hello everyone, my name is Erin and I live on Rt. 11.  Im an excellent cook and really enjoy doing it.  I was thinking of starting a business called Dinners2go.  I would make family sized meal made of all natural, healthy ingredients (lasagna, bbq, chicken and rice etc).  The meals would come with salads and bread and would be picked up at my house 3 days a week on your way home from work.  Before I invest, I was hoping to get your thoughts on this.  The meals (for four) would run around $30 and would be picked up between 3:30 and 7.  Thanks all!
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
snowmom2
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM
I think it  would be an excellent idea. There is just too many fast food places, and everyone would like a home cooked meal, especially one that they don't have to cook. your price is reasonable, I know if my familly goes out to a restaurant it usually costs us 40 or more . Good luck
ladymorraine
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 9:44 AM
sounds awesome, let me know if  you need advice on where to get the food with the best prices. I cook for 11 poeple daily so if you wind up needing help let me know.
MissMommaBear
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM
Thanks a bunch!  The health dept. is requiring me to put in a public restroom, a 3-bay sink, a mop sink and a hand sink and I think I'm going to be forced to go all stainless steel on the appliances.  I'm being held to the same standards as a restaurant even though I won't have seating.  That's ok though.  I really want to do it.

As for where I would get stuff, I think costco would be a good place but I'm friends with a mennonite famer who raises all natural beef, pork, and poultry so I would go there for the meat.  I hope I'll be allowed to.   I wonder if the health dept. would let me.  I need to find all this stuff out.  It's a shame that the rules would rather me buy from wal-mart than all natural, healthy stock from a local farmer.  We shall see.  Thanks ladies, any more input will be well appreciated!
CraftyLilDevil
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM
I'm brand new to Cafe' Mom and just found your post. I think that is a GREAT idea! I love to cook too and was trying to find a way to capitalize on my love of cooking and make some money too. I was thinking of making lunches and selling them in Winchester around the industrial park area (my hubby works there) a few days a week. Kind of like a lunch-wagon type thing but I don't think hubby is really on board with that idea so I haven't pursued it.
Good luck with your business! I think it is an awesome idea and wish you all the best. :)
MissMommaBear
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM
The "lunch wagon" thing is a great idea too!  After a while people begin to expect you and that's when business would take off.  I think that would be a great way to make extra money and still stay at home.  Think about it more.  firgure out your costs with a projected income and see if it would be worth a venture. ...you never know til you try
tifferie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Great Idea, I think I would go broke using you. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)