Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF :( a little graphic, with words)

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

I have had "stomach" issues most of my life, IBS is what they say.

Over this last year I have had scopes, a surgery and a ton of bloodwork due to the fact I can't eat! I lost almost 50 pounds in a year without trying.  I need to lose weight, all that and more but not this way.

Per allergy tests, celiac tests I am clean...

So I have sever IBS.....   I take 2 Librex a day, 2 ducalax a day, 2 capfuls of metamucil per day in addition to my other meds for other things.  I can still go 3,4 or even 5 without going to the bathroom!!    I must say that with Librex, I actually get hungry and do eat more, although not much more.

Sunday a week ago I had a SEVERE attack, should have went to the hospital because I couldn't stand up...I was feverish and feeling extremely dehydrated.  I couldn't drink anything because it would come back up! I struggled from around midnight thru Monday morning around 10 am.  I finally moved bowels and once I (sorry this is so gross) passed a very large and hard stool the rest just poured out of me for the next 3 hours! 

I have dairy issues, even though my bloodwork says differently, I can't eat salad anymore because it doesn't digest, it comes out the same way it goes down!

I have decided on my own that I am going to try and stay gluten free...  Im hoping that by avoiding it may be my best bet.

I just get so tired... I am constantly letting people down because I can't go out due to my stomach pain.  I have to know where all bathrooms are when I do go away... I can't eat a lot if the family wants to go out for supper.   It's just.....UGH!  Im pulling my hair out!

SO....IM NOT SURE IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO CONTINUE AS A MEMBER SINCE I DON'T HAVE CELIAC AND PER MY BLOOD WORK, GLUTEN INTOLERANCE.

If I don't belong, just let me know...there will be no hurt feelings.  I don't want to post things that aren't appropriate to my diagnosis vs what you are all going through.

Thank you for hearing my story...

Tammie

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
prissmom
by Group Admin on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Even tho my blood work says I have Celiac Sprue.  I tested as allergic to wheat and milk long ago.   Now I have been GF for so long when I have a colonoscopy it comes out clean, no problems.  You stay GF and the damage is gone.  Funny part is hearing my Dr. say "you don't have Celiac, but dont go off the gluten free diet because it works for you."  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN