Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally had my GI test run on Friday!

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

I have been lurking but didnt really post because I wasnt sure. Still waiting on my results but should know middle of the week. The dr said she thinks I have celiacs disease (beyond tired,joint aches, all day headaches, swelling, no weight loss, sharp pains in my stomach and heart palpatations) but I guess we will just have to wait and see

My fear is that it comes back negative and im back at square one!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MaMas06
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Hi! Wondering if you got your results back yet. I had similar symptoms and was Dx w/Celiac Disease at the end of Jan. 2012. I have my good days and bad. But mostly good days 'cos i'm sticking to a GF diet now. whew! Thank goodness! Good luck in what may come of the test results.

Ciao! Ang~ MaMas06

sparklebug86
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Oh yes and they were extremely negative. Instead I've got an autoimmune issue with my thyroid and lupus. Def. Get checked out!

Quoting MaMas06:

Hi! Wondering if you got your results back yet. I had similar symptoms and was Dx w/Celiac Disease at the end of Jan. 2012. I have my good days and bad. But mostly good days 'cos i'm sticking to a GF diet now. whew! Thank goodness! Good luck in what may come of the test results.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prissmom
by Group Admin on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid long before Celiac.  Once you have one autoimmune disease others follow.  But many, NO most only have a thyroid problem.  Without proper medication you will feel miserable.  So take the synthroid as directed and congrats.  You missed out on one heck of a diet.

sparklebug86
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

lol Im not sure the uprocessed foods diet for lupus is any better to behonest but at least I will feel better soon :)

Quoting prissmom:

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid long before Celiac.  Once you have one autoimmune disease others follow.  But many, NO most only have a thyroid problem.  Without proper medication you will feel miserable.  So take the synthroid as directed and congrats.  You missed out on one heck of a diet.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN