Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi...have some questions

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 185 Total Views
I joined this group because I suspect my youngest son has celiacs or a gluten intolerance. He has severe reflux that causes him breathing problems and is medicated for that. He has a rash that appears on his face that I was told was eczema. I've started noticing lately that it shows up when he's had a lot of dairy or bread/pasta. He also has very dark, gritty stools. Anyway, I was wanting to talk to other patents of children who had this to see if I was on to something and should bring it up to his dr. If y'all wouldn't mind Shari g your experience and thoughts I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ailebur
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM

My kids are older and never showed any signs, but a lot of your son's symptoms sound like me.  I am going to and allergist next week to make sure, but I've been gluten free for a few weeks and definately seem to feel better!   Try an allergist or a nutrionist....Good luck!

ig1ggle
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Its a blood test and based and those results If that's positive they follow it with an endoscopy. Relatively simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msshe
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

My 8 mo old son just got diagnosed.  also has a red forhead and eczema on his cheeks.  My dh wants to get a 2nd opinion before we have a biopsy done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN