Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 5 y/o has to follow a gluten free & milk free diet

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

my five year old has very bad excema and allergies..we went to a wellness doctor, a naturopath and he did muscle testing on her.. shes allergic to wheat and milk (not dairy products just milk) so i have to follow a gluten free diet. this is my first time, my other two girls arent like this. 

how hard is it to find gluten free foods for a kid who's somewhat picky? Help with any recipes would be awesome!!!

thanks in advance.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sagely
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Gluten free is very easy.  In my opinion, it's the easiest "restricted diet" there is.  Once you get the hang of reading labels and such, it becomes second nature.  

I get a lot of my recipes from Jules Gluten Free.  Just google her...she's got an online store (I use her all-purpose flour and her bread mix) and a blog with recipes that I have yet to fail with.

My second resource is pinterest.  I just search "gluten free" and voila.  

Good luck!!

Kate00
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I have a picky eater too!  My 4 year old is on a similar diet - no gluten, no milk, limited dairy.  Here are a couple of my favorite websites with recipes: www.elanaspantry.com, www.spunkycoconut.com, www.paleoparents.com.

MomOf3Girls1130
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

okay this may sound stupid, but when my daughter had her allergy testing done via blood work, it came back as allergic to corn, wheat, cows milk, tomatoes, oranges, soybeans, peanuts...the high numbers specially were cows milk and wheat. ..well when i took her to this naturaopathic doctor and he did the muscle testing (i guess they say its more accurate)milk and wheat turned up..none of the others. however my question is with milk being an allergen...does that mean all dairy as well? b/c every cheese, yogurt, creams continue milk so how do they say only milk?

btw, thank you both for your replies! it helps..i am new to this so any sort of referral, website, etc will help a lot!!! ill look into that.

have you guys googled rumis bakery? ...its near my daughters naturaopathic doctor and they referred that..they have a website as well. awesome stuff!!!

Quoting Kate00:

I have a picky eater too!  My 4 year old is on a similar diet - no gluten, no milk, limited dairy.  Here are a couple of my favorite websites with recipes: www.elanaspantry.com, www.spunkycoconut.com, www.paleoparents.com.

Kate00
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
We eliminated cow's milk when Will was very young bc we noticed that on days he had it he was up all night. But we haven't noticed the same reaction with cheese or yogurt.

My son is on a gluten free diet bc of autism, not celiac. We experimented with both gluten and casein free diet. When we reintroduced gluten we saw big behavior changes but didn't notice anything with dairy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN