• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good news from the Doctor today

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

Okay, as many of you know today was the big day for my colonoscopy. Well I had a nurse who was such a sweetheart, named Cindy. I told her about the fact my brother has celiac and my blood test showed a slight elevation. Well she said, well would you like to do both tests today then the colonoscopy and a celiac biopsy? I just said, "you can do both?" Well she talked to her charge nurse and I found out that my blood work was basically ignored because if they had done the test at one of the other hospitals in the area it would be considered negative but this hospital considers it still high. So that was the issue with my blood work. So they went to the doctor and the doctor agreed to do both. I was soooooo happy! I should find out Friday or Monday the results. The doctor said everything with my colonoscopy was fine. No inflammation or anything. So now I just wait and see. I am so thankful for the nurse who listened to me. Just goes to show there are still good people in the healthcare field who really care about their patients. Koodos to Cindy!way to go

--Mandi--

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)