Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 questions

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

First off, Hi everyone!  I hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful weekend/holiday.

question 1.  Does anyone else sneeze when they eat?  Just curious... I sneeze all the time when I eat...don't know if it is celiac related or not...

question 2.  How do you avoid cross contamination in the microwaves and refrigeraters?   I think that I may be having some cross contamination issues....

Thanks!

Daneene

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LIZARD66
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM

As far as I can tell, I only sneeze from strong things like pepper, peppermint, etc. I haven't noticed cross contamination as long as my food is covered or enclosed.

LIZARD :)

Proud mom to 18 yo Caren, and 14 yo Drew, autism and Chiari Malformation. Dealing with my own chronic neuro and endocrine issues and getting healthy at last! :)
Gina, I miss you every hour of every day. :( I hope you're enjoying Heaven and all the clean air. :) 9/5/66-10/22/07

happy2bmom0406
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

1)  I only sneeze with pepper.  That is an interesting question.  I may have to look into that one.

2)  Cross Contamination is a DIFFICULT thing!!!  I have to clean out my microwave EVERY time I use it!!  My hubby finally has joined the team on cleaning.  The fridge that is tougher...don't package anything together.  I put all of my gluten free stuff in glass jars instead of plastic containers.  Just keep any food jars and clean them out and use them for storage.  The tupperware is used for my hubby's gluten foods.  I also have to wipe out the fridge weekly.  The main problems with cross contamination is when you use Teflon Pots and Pans, any kind of Strainers or Collendars, and the toaster they all hold gluten and you cannot get it out.  Those things you have to have a seperate GF set.  That was tough on our budget but it helped IMMENSLY!!!!

kissing dadstork

BrisMom
by on May. 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Thank you both so much for your replies.  I appreciate the info and input. I have been thinking recently that I may not be delegent enough about avoidind contamination. 

Thanks again and God bless

Daneene

CeliacFamily
by Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Just something else to consider....

Sneezing is typically considered an allergic reaction, not a food intolerance. If you've eliminated the cross-contamination issues and are still sneezing, I'd start looking for an allergen source. Some people are allergic to wheat, but are not Celiacs. Of course there are lots of food allergies, but some people claim that MSG can trigger sneezing as well as asthmatic reactions. You might also consider mold allergies, which are common to find in kitchens, refrigerators, and food (especially fresh fruit and vegetables!).

--Heather @ http://celiacfamily.com

VACMOMof2
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Depending on how quick the response is and such, I would consider the possibility of being allergic to the food I am eating.  Guten issues can cause other food allergies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)