Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Bottom? What to wear!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

You can wear them, but use extreme caution. Well, that's a slight exaggeration. Pants can look fantastic on any figure, but there are many cuts that aren't good for you. If your weight is in your hips and upper thighs, as is most common, you need to balance the bottom of your pants against the width at the top of the pant. This is not possible if you are wearing tapered trousers or anything that gets skinnier as it goes down. Avoid the skinny jean at all costs.

You also want to steer clear of straight-legged pants, particularly jeans. Although they are better than tapered trousers, the bottom hems still won't do anything to distract from the width of your hips. For that, you need a pair of swinging palazzo pants, which will create an inverted triangle on the lower part of your figure -- widest at bottom, slimming as the eye moves up. Perfect. Just make sure they fit properly at the waist -- no need to sneak up a size.

An alternative jean is the flared cut, and sometimes a boot cut can pass muster. Flares are great because they also replicate the inverted triangle below the hips. That's what your pants need to do for you.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SEXYMOMMA62
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 3:28 PM
thanks for the advice i have big hips, big butt. i always stand out in that area.
kricket66
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2007 at 1:48 AM
I found this out only one year ago.  I was so excited to find a pair of pants that actually flattered my  extreme our glass figure.  I used to steer clear of jeans as much as possible until I found my first pair of flare legs.  Now all I wear is jeans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)