Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

But she looks so healthy

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

My mother-in-law took my 3y/o to McDonalds.She ordered her a cheese burger with no meat.She explained that she is a veg(I usually dont explain its funnier that way lol).The lady was shocked! She said "but she looks so healthy!" I was pissed when I heard that! My m-i-l told her all the diff. ways my daughter gets protein and the woman was like "oh I never thought about it that u can get protein from anything other than meat!" Man she made herself sound so stupid with everything she said and I just was happy I wasnt there when this happened! I would've yelled at her for being so rude or called the manager.They can judge you based on ur order.Can u say to a parent "are u sure u want those fries and that shake for ur kid he is fat".You know.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JeffersonMom
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

whenever we goto the burger stand, i order a cheese burger w/fried onions, no meat.  you're right, it is funny to see peoples reactions.

as for the other part, i get that reaction a lot, too.  my mil says that i'm  creating a picky eater.  after hearing what other kids his age eat and, more importantly, wont eat, i beg to differ.  not worth letting them bother you.

piercedNproud
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I agree.Thankfully my m-i-l is on board with them being veg.I dont give her any other choice though lol.She knows that it would only cause problems if she wasnt.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

JeffersonMom
by Member on Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Quoting piercedNproud:

.She knows that it would only cause problems if she wasnt.

i'm pretty sure causing problems is my mil's hobby.  she's really good at it

piercedNproud
by on Jul. 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Oh im sorry.At first we didnt really get along,but now we do.She knows im not gonna take it.When she doesnt agree with me she will be quiet or say ok.I wish I could just do that lol.Im really lucky to have such good in-laws.

Quoting JeffersonMom:

Quoting piercedNproud:

.She knows that it would only cause problems if she wasnt.

i'm pretty sure causing problems is my mil's hobby.  she's really good at it

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Arianas_mommy09
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Thats ridiculous! I am very proud that i have a daughter that will eat plain tofu that i chop up and give to her. im always so surprised to see how people thumb there nose at you actually doing the right thing. I hate dealing with dumb people. my daughter isnt yet completely vegetarian but id LOVE to get her to that point. i already avoid it if i can but i live with my family and they eat very poorly and she sometimes gets ahold of her cousins food lol. but im working on it!

SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Some people don't understand.  I am always trying to explain to my family where I get my nutrients from.  And my mom still looks confused if I ask her to make something meatless for get togethers, lol!  Maybe she thinks vegetables grow on animals?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)