• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

What is your families favorite dinner?  I am in a dinner rut, we keep eating the same things every week!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
beachbuick
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Actually, after becoming vegetarian, I haven't eaten the same meal more than a handful of times!  There is such a variety of things I was not open to eating, as I was in the "animal protein" mind-set.

My daughter's fav meal is english muffin pizzas she can make herself.  She even topped hers last night with black and red beans, tofu, pesto and spag sauce.  I ran out of spinach earlier this week, but that is the only way I know she will eat it raw. 

Taco/burrito night is big, too, as I LOVE mexican meals.  My hubby likes taco pie (or mexican lasagne)  there was a recipe similar to mine in the last Family Cirle (or another mag like that) that promoted a meatless meal :)  And, in the back of this magazine is a calendar for moms making dinner.  Every Monday in the week is titled Meatless Monday.  Some a pretty good. 

I am a fiend for recipes, so I belong to a vegetarian recipe yahoo group.  I get WAY more recipes than I know what to do with.  That is by far the best resource for getting out of the dinner rut. 

I am trying to get in the habit of making a stir fry once a week.  By adding seasonal veggies, it can be extremely different.  Also, I love quinoa, but my dd likes brown rice, and my dh prefers yellow rice on everything, so we all take turns (me more, though LOL) sharing our fav with the family. 

Lastly, casseroles are my all-time fav to make and enjoy.  A hearty, warm, casserole melts the days troubles, for me at least.   One suggestion of my vegetarian yahoo group was to allow the children in the house to pick a noodle, sauce, protein, and veg a different night of the week.  If I had more children, I think this would be a very good idea.  I am going to try a variation on this with my dd this summer with cold salad-type meals. 

Good question.  I hope you get some do-able ideas :)

Cassie

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM

we love whole wheat pancakes that is what we are having today

CafeMom Tickers

JeffersonMom
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I took the easy way out today, we made a pizza (pineapple, green pepper and onion).  Tommarow is spinach and mushroom quiche.  It's a new recipie, but I hope it's a keeper lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)