• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi i am new!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 268 Total Views
So hubby and I are thinking about going on the HallelujahAcres diet permanently... hubby has somthing wrong with his heart we dont know what it is. so we are changing his diet and mine.. i was vegitarian for a while. NEVER VEGAN tough... i love cheese.. i dont drink milk but i love cheese.. so anywho.. this diet is 85% raw friuts and veggies and you should have carrot juice ever day... Have any of you tried this lifestyle.... how did you and SO deal with the transition. how do i cope with cravings.. how do i gain selfcontrol until the cravings go away? what suplements do i need?

a litle info:
we dont eat red meat
i breastfeed
we are TTC

any info would be appreciated
COMING TO A CONGO NEAR YOU!

http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=2873&category=39

Photobucket
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
crystalahale
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Hey! I just joined the group, too. :)

My mom went to the Hallelujah Acres in KY for their course, and followed the diet for a while, though she is off of it now. I have their cookbook, and some is good, but I have had to modify a lot of the recipes I have tried, for my taste, at least. But basically, they want you to only have cooked food (vegan, still) at dinner, and raw the rest of the time. I think it's a good way to go, but my daughter had weight gain issues when she was first born, so I'm not willing to give up legumes and grains until I'm done nursing her. I'm focusing on protein right now more than I plan to in the future.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think you need the course... I would instead invest in a few Raw cookbooks, like Annie Phyo's, and create your own diet. I do think a juicer and dehydrator are good equipment to have for a raw diet... and HA would push you toward buying those anyway, on top of the course fee.

As for the cravings, what I have found in transitioning from omnivore to vegan (though not raw), is that what helps me most is having lots of new recipes to play with. My tastebuds are kept on their toes, and I haven't really longed for anything. Sometimes I pick an "ingredient of the week" and find lots of recipes I can experiment with, using that ingredient. It's fun!

LadySenae
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2010 at 9:18 AM

While I haven't heard of the diet you're talking about, from the other post, it looks like that's how I eat somewhat. I eat raw fruits and veggies throughout the day but also eat some oats made with soy milk & cinnamon as well as vegan organic soups. The oats and soups help me to get full. I like Amy's Organic Soups. They are delicious, filling, organic obviously, and clearly indicate vegetarian or vegan on the cans. I buy only the vegan variety. For sweet cravings, I go with coacoa roasted almonds and a banana. If I still want more sweets, I can usually fill the craving with grapes or berries. I also juice. One I am drinking this week is from the book "Raw Food Life Force Energy" and includes a beet, 2 apples, a head of celery, a bunch of kale, and a lemon. It's pretty tasty but best cold with ice and may be a little more delicious with an extra apple. When I go to dinner, I just have salad and steamed vegetables and at people's homes, I eat small portions of whatever vegetarian and mostly vegan items they have. I also drink Essiac Tea twice daily to release toxins from my body and drink plenty of water. As far as self control, it took me a while to get to the point where I was just absolutely done with being fat and unhealthy. I was feeling controlled by food and sick of it. I want to be healthy and change my ways so badly that when I look at a cupcake or some lasagna, I don't even consider it. I know that's not part of the diet I want to have and just reach for things that will nourish my body instead. I just keep in mind that eating food is supposed to be for nourishing my body and that's it. You have to be ready and determined. And remember it doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can make exceptions on the days you need to and just get right back on track for the next meal. Don't give up. Your health is worth it. Good luck,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)