Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making a kitchen Witch....

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2007 at 12:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 2581 Total Views

Does anyone have any ideas on making one?? I want to make one for my kitchen and my daughter wants to make one for her bedroom. A bedroom witch she calls it. LOL
Any help would be appreciated on what supplies would work best ect.
Thanks in advance...
~Tan~

by on Oct. 7, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WiccaMom
by on Oct. 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Kitchen Witch

Items needed:

* metal gingerbread man cookie cutter
* spanish moss
* black felt or bought felt witch's hat
* orange material for skirt
* thin orange ribbon
* black material
* glue
* trim

Directions:

1. Fold black material in half, cut a slit and slide over head.
2. With thread, sew a running stitch through the top of one edge of the orange material and gather around the waist. Stitch in place.
3. Glue orange ribbon over the stitches. Cut pieces of ribbon long enough to be suspenders and glue in place.
4. Glue spanish moss to top of cookie cutter.
5. Glue witch's hat to spanish moss. Or, if using black felt, cut a circle the diameter you wish the hat to be. Cut a wide triangle of felt, wrap to form a cone, and glue to circle. Glue to spanish moss.
6. Glue desired trim in place.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wiccamom

amb_josh
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 3:01 AM
Ok so is there an actual meaning to these or are they just to look "pretty"
LeftBrainy
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 6:43 AM
Oh, ooh, lots of possibilites there.  Since the cookie cutter doesn't have a face, a cut out photo, magazine face or anything can be put in there.  Comt to think of it, I have a yarn doll that is the saze size and can be dressed that way.

thank you, Thank you!

bb
LeftBrainy

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.-Samuel Johnson

http://paganparenting.meetup.com/280/

Sharing ideas for children's activities coordinators at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCAO

Tanitharaine
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Thank you!
~Tan~

Tanitharaine
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 9:47 AM

My grandmother always had one in her kitchen hanging for blessings and luck. Not sure on any other meaning. When she passed I don't know what happened to it.
:o(

WiccaMom
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 6:29 PM
Kitchen Witch Poem

Look who's landed in your kitchen
Bringing fortune to your home
It's me the lucky kitchen witch
Your special little gnome

I'll end burnt pots
I'll keep meals hot
I'll do such magic chores
For I'm your lucky kitchen witch
Keep me safe by your kitchen door

Wiccamom

seakla
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Yes, they have lots of meaning...to bless the kitchen, keep it free from negativity, protection, to keep one safe from culinary disasters...it all depends on the intent that you put into it when making it.  They can also be made with Apples...carve a face in the apple and let it dry out.  I have directions somewhere I will post.  You can also make a corn husk dolly for the same purpose.  I have directions for this somewhere too.  Or try to google "corn husk dolly" or "apple witch doll"

Also, don't forget you can buy cute little figurines to represent a kitchen witch.  I have one that looks like the sterotypical witch wit hthe green face and cauldron and I have one that I found at a thrift store that is just an old woman in peasant clothes, but to me she epitomizes the look of the "old wise woman" of the village who is the midwife, healer, and may cast a love spell or two for the maiden. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Fall, Samhain, Harvest, Autumn, Pumpkin Time, Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, October, etc....May your pumpkin patch be the most sincere and may the Great Pumpkin bring you bright blessings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

PaganMama
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 9:53 PM
You can also make them out of corn dolls and make them a broom.

LeftBrainy
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Bedroom witch isn't far off.  I like it! 

It sounds like your daughter is  intuiting the bed dolls of generations past.  My grandmother (who was not a witch) always made her bed in the morning, then  put a bed doll on it  (the doll's clothing matched the  draperies in the bedroom windows). 

A bed doll or other charm (have also seen bed brooms decorated) is to prevent a stray ill thought (or a prayer from someone who thinks they know what's best for you, co-worker's jealousy, witch war curse, you name it) toward you from settling on your  pillow in your absence. 

bb
left brainy

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.-Samuel Johnson

http://paganparenting.meetup.com/280/

Sharing ideas for children's activities coordinators at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)