Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blessing Tree

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

For my wedding, a friend of the family offered to give my fiance and I a Celtic Handfasting. I was very excited. During the planning, she mentioned an idea I hadnt heard of before. She explained the Blessing Tree to me and I had to share it with everyone. I thought it could be used not only at weddings but other events as well. It is a great idea to include everyone and make them feel they are a true part of the celebration.

Blessing Tree
  It is really simple. You take about 1 foot of ribbon of varying or coordinating colors and pass one to each person. You ask the person to hold the ribbon and think of a blessing you would like to give to the couple(or whoever it is for). Tell them to close their eyes and concentrate on the blessing for a minute or so. When they are done, they are to take the ribbon and tie it to the branches of the tree. Any tree will work. You leave the ribbons on the tree for one sunset and then bind the ribbons together and place in your home.

We will be tieing the bundle of ribbons to our broom. If I can ever figure out how to get pictures loaded to this site, I will post the pictures I will be taking of the tree.
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
brokenflutterby
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 12:32 AM
That's AWESOME! It would be totally great for a baby shower or for a birthday or a wiccaning!
When I read the title of your post I thought of Thanksgiving. I thought of people writing what they're thaankful for on a leaf-shaped piece of paper and tying it onto a tree with a ribbon. I was a little off but not by much! lol

~Flutter

baby development

baby

seakla
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Great idea!  The ribbons oculd be stitched into a family quilt or added to just about any craft project one can think of!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Fall, Samhain, Harvest, Autumn, Pumpkin Time, Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, October, etc....Hail to the Great Pumpkin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 3:31 PM
That is a great idea ,that would b perfect for almost any special event,I wish i would hav known this idea for lilys baby shower that would have made it really special,mabye i can do this on the kids birth days I think that would make a rally special keepsake.

Come join these groups !!!!! I would love to see you there !!!!

Group owner,moms with big familys !!!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momswithbigfamilys

group administrator,Children with special needs!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/hollywoodspecialneeds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)