Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thread Charm

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 1:54 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 127 Total Views
This isn't really a craft, but it goes hand-n-hand with crafts since it requires snippets of leftover thread.  Keep a bottle near your craft area, this takes a long time to complete this.

Purpose:  To ensnare evil/negativity that may come your way.

Spell:  Take a small jar and keep it in your craft/sewing area.  As you use thread, string, yarn, etc. keep the little snippets that are too small to do any more crafts with.  Place them in a bottle and recite: "Thread Charm, protect me from harm" for each snippet of thread that you place in the jar.

Once the jar seems fairly full (keep in mind it is not going to be packed full with thread) then cork or cap it, draw a pentacle/pentagram on the lid and hang the jar in the attic or a room on the top most floor of your house, in an out of the way area (closet, cupboard, etc.)

It is beleived that the evil/negativity will come in and get ensnared in the thread much like bad dreams get caught in a dream catcher.

I keep one in my sewing box and everytime I get thread I add it, it is a good idea to write the chant on a piece of paper and keep it near the bottle in case you have a bad memory like me. lol

An alternative chant is: "tangle the bane up"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Fall, Samhain, Harvest, Autumn, Pumpkin Time, Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, October, etc....May your pumpkin patch be the most sincere and may the Great Pumpkin bring you bright blessings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Tanitharaine
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Oh I have all of that stuff.
Thank you!
~Tan~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)