Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yay! Teach me how!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

I am a new member to this group and am excited to learn some easy pagan crafts, as I am not very experienced with creativity and such. I have been on the pagan path for only about 5-6 years, so I am still learning a lot about it all! I recently was able to join an online coven, so that is helping along! I look forward to hearing from and learning from you guys!

Pattielove you sign

by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eco_Momma
by Group Owner on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Hi!! welcome!!

what would you like to learn? There is a CRAZY amount of talent in this group!

Gypsy60
by Friend on Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I'm new too,and cant get online often,but love to share crafty idea.

pattiefross
by Newbie on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I prefer doing things that will not consume too much of my time (not patient) and are not difficult. Suggestions?

you rock

Quoting Eco_Momma:

Hi!! welcome!!

Pattielove you sign

Eco_Momma
by Group Owner on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I love to knit. I can put it down and walk away ( or throw it across the room and storm off) and pick up where I left off when I calm down.

Quoting pattiefross:

I prefer doing things that will not consume too much of my time (not patient) and are not difficult. Suggestions?

you rock

Quoting Eco_Momma:

Hi!! welcome!!

NanaNeema
by Friend on Mar. 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

A goddess doll is easy, quick to make and you use your own imagination with simple shapes and things you find around your home.

I recently made a "Springy Goddess" for a group I belong to...here's what she looks like......you could make one yourself!

Eco_Momma
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE her!!

Quoting NanaNeema:

A goddess doll is easy, quick to make and you use your own imagination with simple shapes and things you find around your home.

I recently made a "Springy Goddess" for a group I belong to...here's what she looks like......you could make one yourself!

pattiefross
by Newbie on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Beautiful! Send me instructions on how-to???

Quoting NanaNeema:

Pattielove you sign

NanaNeema
by Friend on Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Sorry for taking so long to your reply..I'm "knee deep" in working on info for the IRS and dealing with "family" issues.

As far as instructions for making my "Springy Goddess"...

First I suggest doing a search for free patterns on the web..there are several..if you want to be adventurous and "wing it" like I tend to do..just draw a free form body shape for your pattern and make a template of your design.  The next step is to lay the template you made onto your fabric.wrong sides together...pin it down..then take a pencil and draw around the template...do not cut it out yet.  Next remove the pins and pattern..re pin and sew around the shape on the lines you drew.. be sure to leave an opening space at the bottom to turn your shape "right sides out"....then on to stuffing!  I use whatever I have on hand...an old pillow is a great way to re cycle the insides to use for dolls..or if none are really able to be used you can usually find inexpensive pillows at places like Dollar General.  I have also used purchased new polyester fiberfil..but find that it sometimes is more expensive than premade pillows!

Once your doll is firmly stuffed then you can stitch the bottom closed..I usually tuck in the rough edges a bit and then hand sew the opening closed.  A fun thing to do before you close the doll..try adding a bit of herbs..lavender is an excellent choice...it smells great and is quite relaxing...it helps to calm and is great to have near your pillow to help you sleep!

Now your doll is stuffed and it's play time...use your imagination..let your muse have free rein to play...grab bits of silk flowers, beads, lace, ribbons, charms..whatever...and either handsew them onto the doll or you can use hot glue guns if your tired of sewing...truthfully I find sewing is more permanent as the glues don't always hold.

TaaDaa....you've just made your own Springy Goddess!

NanaNeema
by Friend on Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I fogot a step..oops!  After you sew around your shape you can cut it out..leave about 1/4 to 1/8 seam allowance....too little and it can "fray out"...too much and it may make it hard to turn your doll inside out.  It all depends on the fabric you use........I tend to use cotton or cotton blends as they are easier to work with.

Gypsy60
by Friend on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM

pretty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)