Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hogwart's senior class??

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 2151 Total Views
1 mom liked this

L to R--Draco Malfoy, Professor Severus Snape, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley.

I have been at it again--redressing Barbie and Ken dolls as characters from the Harry Potter movies. Although Professor Snape (a Barbie Basics Ken doll) and Ron (a repainted Aaron Carter doll) were made some time ago, the rest are new. Draco is one of the new beach-type dolls, as are Ginny and Hermione. Harry is a Fashionista doll named Ryan. I painted his lightning bolt scar on with a magic marker and you can't even see this wonderful detail in the picture! Boo-hoo.

Had to make shoes for the girls out of plastic canvas. They are Mermaid's Tale cheapies and I have no shoes in my collection that would fit them! Such big feet! I contacted Mattel via e-mail asking if they had made any shoe paks for this doll's feet. They haven't and don't know if they will. Wonder how many unhappy little girls are out there, after buying this doll and stocking up on outfits only to find out that she will have to go barefoot--even in an evening gown! Got the pattern for their outfits off the net. Also found the house badges online. It was a bear getting them small enough to be ironed on to the robes and then Malfoy's slipped a little bit lower than the rest. Haven't ironed one onto Ron's robes yet, as I am trying to decide if I'll be replacing them with the lined version that has the house colors. His are all-black so far.

The girls have the gray pleated skirts (covered by the robes in this shot) and a gray long-sleeved sweater (made from a man's t-shirt) over their long-sleeved shirts. After struggling with trying to get the sweater over the shirt and the robes over all of it, I decided to gift the boys with sweater vests instead of full sweaters. It worked much better. A real learn as you go project.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kilhara
by Friend on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Fun!

Eco_Momma
by Group Owner on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

WOW!! That is an insane amount of work! Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)