Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Merry meet..

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:39 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 355 Total Views
I know I'm not active. I just wanted to smile at everyone. It's not easy being a member of 28 groups (only getting my man's android phone at night for net use), homeschooling & trying to have a social life shut in MILs basement with my lil ones (long story).
But I've been making use of spare boredom lately by crocheting things for my girls & subjecting their heads to different French braid designs. They get fussy & we both start to get impatient, but the adorable hairstyles are worth it & they agree in the end.
BB
Fey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Inglefay
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

you know sometimes it helps to get out even just with the kids to the library or to play groups I dont know how old your girls are but I bet they would enjoy it too and it doesn't cost a thing.  I can definitely sympathize with being stuck in MIL basement.  I have been there and you know it wont be forever.  Now we have a PMQ and we are doing great.

Inglefay
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If you enjoy doing braiding maybe you and your kids might enjoy doing a weaving project.  I am about to start one.  All you need is a hoola hoop and some old T-shirts that you don't want anymore.  You cut the shirt into 1.5 inch wide loops and arrange them on the hoop. you need 11 of them and these are the spokes for weaving onto.  Slide one spoke next to the other to make an odd number of them to weave with.  Then take long strips of cloth and starting in the middle of the hoop start weaving over under you know until you fill the hoop up as much as you want.  Cut the spokes off the hoop when your done and tie them off.  It is a nice way to make a mat and re-use worn out clothes at the same time.

metallicagurl84
by Newbie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM
What an absolutely fun splendid idea! I don't have a hulahoop (??), but I do have an old wire coat ha.Ger I can shape to a hoop. I'm sure that will work.
Thank you deeply!
BB
Fey

Quoting Inglefay:

If you enjoy doing braiding maybe you and your kids might enjoy doing a weaving project.  I am about to start one.  All you need is a hoola hoop and some old T-shirts that you don't want anymore.  You cut the shirt into 1.5 inch wide loops and arrange them on the hoop. you need 11 of them and these are the spokes for weaving onto.  Slide one spoke next to the other to make an odd number of them to weave with.  Then take long strips of cloth and starting in the middle of the hoop start weaving over under you know until you fill the hoop up as much as you want.  Cut the spokes off the hoop when your done and tie them off.  It is a nice way to make a mat and re-use worn out clothes at the same time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metallicagurl84
by Newbie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
On nice days I take them to the local city park. The library has been torn down, books in two locations while they rebuild the building bigger. Not sure where. Playdates- not sure where or how to find out. I also don't get along with women. There are only certain kinds I can connect with, the rest I just tollerate if I have to. I blame that last bit on being raised by my single father around all adult males & being shut in by an extremely overprotective father. >_<
BB
Fey

Quoting Inglefay:

you know sometimes it helps to get out even just with the kids to the library or to play groups I dont know how old your girls are but I bet they would enjoy it too and it doesn't cost a thing.  I can definitely sympathize with being stuck in MIL basement.  I have been there and you know it wont be forever.  Now we have a PMQ and we are doing great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)