Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God Leaf Mask and Goddess Doll

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 501 Total Views

Here is the leaf mask that I made for the god, and the very amateur goddess doll. She is made from a pillow case. I used fabric markers to add the color. She has ivy leaves (like the god mask), half-moon trinkets, keys on her hands, and moonstones. Now, here is where it gets unique and personal to me: she is stuffed with moss, dried mint, dried lavender, dried basil, and dried rose petals. I grew, harvested, and dried some things a few years back, just for the experience. I am including a picture of a fox that is stuffed...he sits in my living room. The fox was actually road-kill...lol. Behind him you may be able to see a collection of frogs, one of my totem animals. Anyway, I hope you like!
Blessed Be,

Pattie

Patricia Frosscoffee

by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CatDogLady
by Friend on May. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

nice job

Kilhara
by Friend on May. 31, 2012 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh, I like that the goddess doll is stuffed with materials you collected and dried yourself.  That is unique.  I like the designs on her as well.

witchqueen
by Friend on May. 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

The energy coming through the pictures is amazing.  Well done.  Did you wire-wrapped the moonstones yourself, as well?  My wire-wrapping technique is abysmal!  Don't know why I think this, but the fox's spirit may be very pleased to be the model.

Gypsy60
by Friend on May. 31, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Love them all.I have some ivy that i may use in a mask like yours. thanks for the neat ideas and pic's.

pattiefross
by Newbie on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you...I did not do the wire wrapping, I had ordered them several years back and wore them for a while as necklaces. I, too, think the fox spirit feels that way!

Quoting witchqueen:

The energy coming through the pictures is amazing.  Well done.  Did you wire-wrapped the moonstones yourself, as well?  My wire-wrapping technique is abysmal!  Don't know why I think this, but the fox's spirit may be very pleased to be the model.

laughingsqua125
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

very pretty wish i was that creative .  im a quarter shawnee

NanaNeema
by Friend on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hello sister.....my father's grandmother was Shawnee.  I never found this out until after my father passed away many years ago....to him what ever dealt with the past was of no importance..the present and future were all he cared about.  He would also reply "he didn't know" if you asked any questions about his ancestors..or he would say "doesn't matter..not important..they're long gone".  My uncle finally did the research as he didn't know anything about his ancestors either (he was the baby of the family and they were long gone before he was born).....the only thing he knew was the stories his mother told him about her side of the family...she never talked about my grandfather's side.  Her family came here from Ireland and Scotland...most were "dirt poor" except for one uncle and he made them enter through the servants entrance when they visited.

My grandmother in her kilt.........................................

Quoting laughingsqua125:

very pretty wish i was that creative .  im a quarter shawnee

NanaNeema
by Friend on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I just finished a cloth sculpture for a Halloween challenge at CDA which I also submitted to a challenge at the yahoo goddess group I belong to.  I call her "Mistress Pumpkin and her pet crow Mr. Cawcawford".

NanaNeema
by Friend on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Well done!  The fox seems pleased with your creation as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)