• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watercolor brushes??

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 204 Total Views
Anyone do watercolor? If so,what are your favorite brushes and why? Top there? Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jezebel_witch
by on Apr. 12, 2015 at 7:32 PM
I don't watercolor anymore.
NanaNeema
by Friend on Apr. 13, 2015 at 8:07 AM

gypsy..I use the best quality ones that I can afford when I need to purchase new brushes.  Cheap dollar store ones are to be avoided because they fall apart or at least have bristles fall out into your work..but there are still decent price brushes to be found.  I don't list a special brand because I have so many different ones..bought what I could afford at the time.  I also try to use ones that are labeled that they are for the type of paint I will be using.

Painting isn't my art form..I work with cloth, needle and thread..however my sculptures do need "make up" on so I may use paints if I am in the mood..or gel pens and real eye shadow and blush.  Then I used a low voc spray on fixative to seal the face.

Gypsy60
by Friend on Apr. 14, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Would love to see some of your work.

Quoting NanaNeema:

gypsy..I use the best quality ones that I can afford when I need to purchase new brushes.  Cheap dollar store ones are to be avoided because they fall apart or at least have bristles fall out into your work..but there are still decent price brushes to be found.  I don't list a special brand because I have so many different ones..bought what I could afford at the time.  I also try to use ones that are labeled that they are for the type of paint I will be using.

Painting isn't my art form..I work with cloth, needle and thread..however my sculptures do need "make up" on so I may use paints if I am in the mood..or gel pens and real eye shadow and blush.  Then I used a low voc spray on fixative to seal the face.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanaNeema
by Friend on Apr. 14, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Quoting Gypsy60: Oooo, will you post some pictures in out "Crafty Crone" section?
Quoting NanaNeema:

I haven't been to the "crafty crone" section..I'll have to check it out...thanks!  As far as some recent cloth sculptures I've done..one is in an art show in Ohio right now..my "Traveling Witch"..I also had 2 in a gallery show a few months ago..my "Timeless" and my "Self Portrait--Blue Faery"..and I made a "Sugar Plum Faery" for my youngest grand daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)