Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome Crafters! Please tell us a little about yourself ......

Welcome pleas introduce yourselves here .....................thanks !!!!!

by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Edited by
on Mar. 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Replies (131-135):
Jodyblonde2007
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Joanna aka Jody. I am an avid crocheter, I am in the process of making baby blankets for Yule/Christmas. I am also going to be working on a cape/cloak to go with my Samhain dress (might not get it done.) After Yule I am going to be working on lots of other things that I plan to donate.

may8675309
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Jennifer. I crochet for fun and make a lot of wire jewelry. My daughter and I are currently working on some faerie houses for the garden. Looking forward to finding new craft ideas.
jezebel_witch
by on Apr. 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Merry meet my name is Christina but call me jezebel. I live in las vegas with my boyfriend and our daughter. I am learning to be crafty. I am eclectic solitary witch.
NanaNeema
by Friend on Apr. 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Quoting jezebel_witch: Merry meet my name is Christina but call me jezebel. I live in las vegas with my boyfriend and our daughter. I am learning to be crafty. I am eclectic solitary witch.

Good morning Jezebel...enjoy your journey!  Being able to create things is a way to let yourself be free..to express inner feelings and to be just plain old silly if we choose to.  The way I involved my grandson in my art is by giving him the scraps of fabric from projects I'm working on and a special box of supplies that are just for him to use.  In the box I put crayons, markers (washable ones), glitter, glue sticks, feathers, paint brushes and kid-safe paints, a couple of containers of play doh, scotch tape, scraps of lace and trims, and lots of paper.  The paper is in most cases the used computer paper or junk mail that has a blank side.  This was started when he came to live with me when he was 3..he's now 13.  Being a special needs child he had to have things he could do with hands that always want to be busy..and being crafty was perfect!  He gets to be busy and his art work is proudly displayed.

In my own art journeys my busy work is with sewing cloth sculptures and garments for My Size Barbie ( and same size dolls like the Frozen ones and Princess ones..36" to 38" tall) and I also make dresses for toddlers that the dolls can wear as well.  My last cloth sculpture is in an art show in Columbus Ohio right now..the theme was "Travelers"..the other artists and I needed to make a doll that represented a traveler..any time in history..and had to be non animal.  My "Traveling Witch" represents the real witches..not some figure only dressing in black and have warts on her nose..but women who feel free to be themselves.

sneakers for comfort

her trunk is filled with potion bottles, tools, her Book of Shadows, and other books.  She also has a broom attached to the side to give rides..had to put one on there as many people wouldn't think of her as being a witch if there wasn't a broom to ride on.

Let your wee one enjoy crafts with you..it is a great way to share a special connection between you..plus it makes them feel good as well!

Debby

jezebel_witch
by on Apr. 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome. I am going to have a fun journey doing crafts and other things to do with my daughter. This is going to be so much fun.

Quoting NanaNeema:

Quoting jezebel_witch: Merry meet my name is Christina but call me jezebel. I live in las vegas with my boyfriend and our daughter. I am learning to be crafty. I am eclectic solitary witch.

Good morning Jezebel...enjoy your journey!  Being able to create things is a way to let yourself be free..to express inner feelings and to be just plain old silly if we choose to.  The way I involved my grandson in my art is by giving him the scraps of fabric from projects I'm working on and a special box of supplies that are just for him to use.  In the box I put crayons, markers (washable ones), glitter, glue sticks, feathers, paint brushes and kid-safe paints, a couple of containers of play doh, scotch tape, scraps of lace and trims, and lots of paper.  The paper is in most cases the used computer paper or junk mail that has a blank side.  This was started when he came to live with me when he was 3..he's now 13.  Being a special needs child he had to have things he could do with hands that always want to be busy..and being crafty was perfect!  He gets to be busy and his art work is proudly displayed.

In my own art journeys my busy work is with sewing cloth sculptures and garments for My Size Barbie ( and same size dolls like the Frozen ones and Princess ones..36" to 38" tall) and I also make dresses for toddlers that the dolls can wear as well.  My last cloth sculpture is in an art show in Columbus Ohio right now..the theme was "Travelers"..the other artists and I needed to make a doll that represented a traveler..any time in history..and had to be non animal.  My "Traveling Witch" represents the real witches..not some figure only dressing in black and have warts on her nose..but women who feel free to be themselves.

sneakers for comfort

her trunk is filled with potion bottles, tools, her Book of Shadows, and other books.  She also has a broom attached to the side to give rides..had to put one on there as many people wouldn't think of her as being a witch if there wasn't a broom to ride on.

Let your wee one enjoy crafts with you..it is a great way to share a special connection between you..plus it makes them feel good as well!

Debby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN