Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Get Together?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 340 Total Views
Hi Ladies!  Welcome to our new group! Thanks for applying and wanting to be a part of something new. Hopefully with time our group will grow a bit larger, but for now, WE will have our own kind of fun and make our own rules!:)
I'd like to plan our first get together, and wanted to check on your schedules to see what is best for you all.
I was thinking of inviting you all over to my place where we have a nice community area with a little playground as well as a big community pool and a baby pool only 1 foot deep! the community area is big and grassy and great for having picnics, but it can also get pretty hot this time of year... so if we have a get together here, it should probably be in the afternoon around 4:30ish...I am also open to any ideas you all may have...

Let me know if that works for you... since this is such a small group, I'd love to plan something that we can all be at with our kids... so throw out some dates and I'll try and work with everyone's schedule.

My Mondays and Tuesdays are wide open...
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
eyreka
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:12 PM
I work a 9-5 Mon thru Friday so really anytime after around 5:30 is good for me...unless it's the weekend and then I'm usually up for anything.  I'm pretty "liberal" with my time on the weekends.

Eyreka
Twiggles06
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Sounds good. I'm open. It will be fun to see how I can manage the girls without hubby around.
Allyzari
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Great! shall we shoot for 5:30 on Monday?  It should still be plenty light out and nice and cool. My house!!!
Cheryl, I'll help you with the twins. And feel free to come earlier if you like.  I don't have anything planned for that day.
Eryka (is that how you spell your name?)- I don't want you to feel that you have to rush over since you are working, just come when you can and we'll be happy to see you when you can get there.
Let me know if this works for you.
We can meet at my house, or the grassy area behind the pool (Cheryl, it's where we had Braden's birthday party).
My address is 25230 Steinbeck Ave, Unit B, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381. Let me know if you need directions. My home number is 661-288-1471.  I'll spread out some blankets and have some snacks for the kiddies.

TiffniAltes
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:16 PM
Augie and I would love to come!  Thank you for inviting us!
Naps have been 3:30-4:30...sometimes 5 pm...then dinner...so we'll come after dinner as soon as we can.  Will be a nice evening playtime before bed!

What can we bring??
Allyzari
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2007 at 6:41 PM
Oh, have a mentioned that you can all bring other moms? Some people have been asking me on private messages if that is okay... OF COURSE!  That is the point.  Also, Feel free to bring a blanket to picnic on, toys, and your own snack, but please don't feel that you have to.
Oh, one more thing... if you have a hard time finding guest parking spots. there should be ample parking on Steinbeck Ave just outside the comples, and the walk is not very far to the common area.
See you all soon!
Ally
Twiggles06
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 5:15 PM
I have 2, you can have one of mine if you get baby withdrawals ha ha :)
Allyzari
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:04 PM
See?  We are already getting a long so well and balancing each other out!  can't wait to meet you, Eryka!
eyreka
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 8:09 PM
I'll be glad to wrangle one for you.  I can't imagine TWO!!  My one is enough...for now.  Mwha ha ha!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)