Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our First Meeting

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Dear Ladies,

We are official! Out first meeting was last night! It was small, but a lot of fun, and I do feel like we got a good deal accomplished in discussing what we'd like to see happen with this mom's group. I am very excited about all the fun things we are going to plan and friendships we are going to form with one another!
One thing that was discussed was how nice it was to come to a group of ladies that had been newer to the Santa Clarita area, and feel welcomed so quickly. Not that everyone who is a part of this group needs to originally be from someplace else (ahem, Cheryl! ) but the overall theme seems to be that this is a group where new moms can jump right in and feel accepted.
We also discussed how we should rely on our own positive strengths and talents to make our group even more special. So besides just having play dates, we'd like to host special activities like "library time" where we take turns reading books to the kids, or having a sing-a-long led by the moms who like to sing. Please keep that in mind when you are thinking of "hosting" an activity. We also discussed having educational outings such as "The Getty" and "The Musical Petting Zoo".

I am going to get to work a bit later this week on doing more of the organization for our group, updating our profile here at cafe moms, creating a member list for those who were not able to make it, a list of tentative guidelines, order business cards, and start working on a schedule.

Please feel free to add your ideas, opinions, and jump in to help where you can! Thanks, especially to Cheryl, Eyreka, and Shannon for attending our first meeting. I am looking forward to introducing many more members and getting to know the rest of you!

Warm Regards,

Ally

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Twiggles06
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:47 PM
I'm happy that I was able to come with the twins. I can't wait to be able to attend places as "The Getty" and other places. Sounds like fun. I would need to talk with Hubby so he can come with me. It was great meeting Shannon and Eyreka. I hope to meet others during our next playdates! oh by the way... Ally... It's not my fault that my parents came here when I was 6 months old. oh well, I'm glad that you like me and want me in your group! :smile:
Allyzari
by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Cheryl, actually you make a good point!  I don't want our group to be unwelcoming to anyone- even the girls who have lived in SCV their whole lives. That would make us no better than the other groups, right??

By the way, I ran into another really cool mom today at Sam's club. Her name is Heidi and has a little girl named Charlotte. I told her about our group and she seemed very interested. Hopefully she'll be active in our group as well!
eyreka
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Really a fun get together!  I'm excited to go all "hardcore" about this.  LOL!  Already working on some the recipe things and dreaming up catchy phrases and designs for the cards.

I hope more people are encouraged to join in.  It doesn't matter matter how long you've lived here.  Criteria should be:  you gotta have smarts, you gotta be a little liberal, you gotta have a sense of humor and you gotta have kids.  So sayeth Eyreka!

Do you know how to use your email on here yet Ally?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)