Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TRICARE HELP...

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Hello everyone,

I need a lil help with some info. Has anyone at Fort Campbell, had IVF or a tubal reversal and Tricare pay for it or for part of it? My husband and I have been married for a lil over a year and we want to have a baby. About 6 yrs ago I had my tubes tied after having my last baby. I was in a marriage that was going now where and didnt want to have anymore kids with him. I felt stuck in a bad marriage with no way out so I wanted to make sure I didnt have anymore kids. Now that I have gotten remarried and He doesnt have any children of his own and we want one so bad. I need to see what its going to take to get my tubes reversed or IVF. Except its soo expensive and Im hoping that Tricare will help pay for some of it. So Im hoping someone has gone threw this with Tricare and can give me some answers, so that I just dont take Tricare by their word and can push for more if it is true that they will help pay for some of it. Please any help would be Helpful!!!

Thank You so Much

by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pinkypetite
by Member on Jun. 23, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Yes, Tricare will help. Go to your primary caregiver and ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie47124
by Member on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I'm not sure if they will or not. All I know is, when my husband had his vasectomy they told us that the vasectomy would be completely covered, but that tricare would not pay to have any kind of sterilization reversed, so we needed to be sure of what we were doing before we went forward with it. Hopefully there will be some exceptions in that policy for you all. Good luck with tricare and good luck with your baby making attempts :) 

Pinkypetite
by Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM
I've been through IVF. They cover a lot, but you will probably end up paying 5-6,000. This is if you don't need an egg donor. Then they don't help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmiss105
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Thank you so much for the help ladies. I am going to my primary doctor on wednesday and will be talking to him about it. Im keeping my fingers crossed and praying that it will be covered. we dont mind paying 5000 towards it either. We just want to have a baby really bad. This is so exciting and nervous at the sametime. I just dont want to be let down and not be able to have our baby. Thanks again for the help.

socialworker227
by Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I know nothing about the reversal or IVF but I just hoping that everything went well with your appointment. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)