Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A thanks to New Members

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:37 AM
  • 35 Replies
  • 1202 Total Views
First i'd like to thank the new members for joining, The board will become more active, we ask for your patience as we grow :) once again thank you for joining and, getting this group on its way to growing.

*Danielle*
~Fort Campbell Mommy~
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
11bravowife
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Hello fellow Ft Campbell Moms!! We've been here for 6 months. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Ok, so I really wanted to find some new friends!! LOL My only friend I knew here just pcs'd to Ft Knox. I'm lonely and getting prepared to face this deployment that is creaping up on us. My son is starting kindergarten in a week, so it will just be me and Alyssa all alone at home.We live on post in Hammond heights and I try to stay up on whats going on around us.
Hope to get to know you all. Have a great weekend.

Julie PAW to Chad, SAHM to Lucas and Alyssa

danielleMom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Welcome, I feel the same way we just actually moved here and i started this group because my husband is deploying soon and i didnt ant to face this deployment ALONE in a place i know nothing about. So we have members here so far that have been very nice and helpful. Feel free to discuss or ask any questions and we will always try to help :) -FortCampbell Mommy- Danielle.
CaaKing
by Member on Aug. 10, 2007 at 11:03 AM
We've been here since March, but my hubby has been here since last October.  We're facing our first deployment and I'm pregnant, due November 30 (like about 1000 other women on this base).  Nice to meet you all!
silvermoon1818
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 2:24 AM
I know that feeling...I to am preparing for this next deployment...it seems like just yesterday the guys got back but it has almost been a year.  So what Unit is your hubby in?  Mine is in 2-101st.  I have been here at Ft. Campbell 2 yrs and have not made a whole lot of friends.
an-angles-mom
by Member on Sep. 5, 2007 at 10:02 AM
New to the group. Just started. I have been here 1 yr. Dont really have a lot of friends, if you can call them that. I dont use the word friend alot around here. I would love to make some long lasting friendships the kind that will last a life time. I do have a few of them but as you know they live far away in other towns, states or overseas. So to have a few friendships here that I can take with me when that time comes to say goodbye. I can take them with me. This is my 3rd deployment with the love of my life but I also was married once before and dealt with him being gone alot plus I'm a military brat so I can help some of you out when it comes to being alone or need advise. Dont know what I'm looking to get out of this or what you are looking for out of this but in some way we are looking to fill our lives with something, now that a part of us will be missing. I hope we all can help each other out in some way and if it leads to a life long friendship then it was ment to be that we became friends.
danielleMom
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 11:02 PM
I havent been here long this is my husbands Second duty stationed he was at bragg prior to this, But i've noticed that alot of people who have been here, dont have alot of close friends here, especially those who have been here a while. I started this group so we could do just that make long lasting friendships and support eachother and keep eachother busy lol but i guess we can only hope for the best lol.
luvfamliylife
by Member on Sep. 9, 2007 at 9:19 AM
I have been here about 16 mons have not made close connections with anyone.  I have my co-workers but that is usually a professional basis.  My kids don't have many friends either, due to my work schedule.  My husband will be deploying for the first time in the spring. This will be a little hard for me and my kids. Nice to meet all the Screaming Eagles moms. 
MommieLex
by Member on Sep. 9, 2007 at 6:23 PM
I am Soooooooo glad to see you all on here!

My husband pcs'd to Ft. Campbell about 2weeks ago and our seven week old daughter and I should be moving up there sometime late this upcoming week. I am looking forward to meeting new people, but Im a little afraid that I wont have much of a social life due to having such a young baby. Anywho...I think we'll be living somewhere in Clarksville. His unit may be deploying by next spring....I'm not ready for that. Im going to be all by my lonesome. LOL
janine13
by Member on Sep. 12, 2007 at 5:16 PM
we have been here since apr of 07 and l still havent made any close connections.  We are facing a second deployment. Our first was when we were at Bragg. . Plus the MOS my husband is in doesnt allow women. There are like 3 other wives that l know of (in his group).  My thing is l dont drinve and l have epilepsey so when my husband deploys it will be extra hard for me. Plus we live offpost.  and have 2 older kids.  Thanks for listening hollar back at me if you want. you may also find me on myspace  at www.myspace.com/janineanddoug  or u may use my email address which is jcrchatrbx6@yahoo.com   just let me know you are from here and l will be glad to add you. my name is Janine
ZanesMommy01
by on Sep. 16, 2007 at 12:54 PM
I am also looking for some new friends. My husband and I have been living in Oak Grove for about 2 months.  He PCS'd from Ft. Campbell where we were both stationed for 3 years before I got out. He re-enlisted to come here for 6 years because it's 2 hours from my family and I was ready to come back to KY. I have one friend here who is from my town, we also were in basic training and AIT together. My husband is due to deploy sometime between December and March. They are for sure when. Although I am not new to KY, I am new to this area and would gladly welcome some friends. I haven't suffered through a deployment alone since the first time we deployed we were deployed together. So this is going to be new for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)