Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could the docs miss it???

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 230 Total Views
so I went to the docs again this week and they moved my due date once again....at first i was 24 weeks by the ultrasound they have done 2 and the baby is measuring at 24 weeks now 25 but they told me im 27 weeks and then they measured my belly at 32 weeks!!!!!!! Now twins run in my family and my cousin didnt knwo she was preg with twins til she made them look more carefully at the ultrasound. I was just wondering if they couldve missed another baby? has anyone had that happen to them? i mean its not a big deal just would like to know to be prepared hubby is in iraq and im sure he would like to know also once and for all when this baby is due!! I know I think Im more trying to talk myself into telling them to look again. with my son we didnt know he was twins til my water broke twice and when they did the c section they pulled out 2 placentas but only one baby but i have been in the hospital with bleeding and they said thats prolly when the first one died...they told me before that it was only on but i cant help but think....oh and this all happened and has happened is BACH!
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tam84
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM

yes it is possible for them to miss it. I met a soldier who said his daughter was pregnant with twins and the doctor she was seeing on post missed it.  I havent always heard good things about prenatal care on post.

Taverasmama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Just ask them to do another ultra sound... Who is your Dr? I had Dr. Leddy and he did an ultra sound for me every time.. Good luck!

julieobug
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM
i had ms hamby last time and ms o'quinn this time i liked ms hamby but niether do ultrasounds each time only the one to date and the 20 week thats it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)