Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growing up in a haunted house

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 10:39 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 126 Total Views
It's strange, I'm moving back home (not really by choice) and I can't wait.  My husband on the other hand, I think he's a bit apprehensive.  He sort of knows what in my parents house.  He's heard it and felt it.  It's not that it's an unfriendly presence, just hard to adjust to if you're not used to it.  I mean, hell, it used to scare the living day lights out of me as a kid. 

However, as a kid, there were more presences there than there are now.  Now, I'm fairly certain there is only one, and she is a real sweetheart.  From what we could sense of her, my siblings and I, she was young when she died and never had children of her own.  She watched us all grow up and adopted us as her own.  She would look over us when we were sick and comfort us.  She enjoyed having us call her ma.  But of course, we couldn't tell our mother about her.  She would have flipped out.  LOL  You see, not only did we grow up in a haunted house, but our parents were super fanatically religious.  Had they known about her, they wouldn't have believed us anyway, and would have told us that what ever was in the house was demons.

We had finally told our mother about her after we had all moved out.  We had all even seen her in turn.  She had her favorite rooms that she'd pretty well keep too.  But always when you saw her she was such a peaceful presence.  Long dark hair, a flowing nightgown and arms that looked as if they'd embrace with the most wonderful of hugs.  Well, our mother, after many years of not believing us finally saw her too.  I felt so vindicated. 

And now, I'm going home... again.  I don't know for how long we'll be living there, but I know that my boys will feel welcome. 

by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)