Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

James' middle name

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 371 Total Views

Poll

Question: What is James' middle name?

Options:

Arthur

Remus

Ronald

Sirius

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

In the Epilogue, we are told that Harry and Ginny have 3 children: James, Albus Severus, and Lily. So, I'm wondering...what do you think James' middle name is? I'm torn between Arthur and Sirius. I can't believe that Harry would name one of his children after Snape but not after his own god-father, but I would also like to think that Ginny got a chance to recognize the Weasley family in the naming process...so...I'm gonna go with James Arthur Potter. What do you all think?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NinjaMomma
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:03 PM
Well that will probably be in the encyclopedia whenever jo writes it, but I'm betting on it being Sirius...I sense a theme..either that or Fred

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

KandZsMommy
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:56 AM

I have to say that I was shocked at first that none of them named their children after FRED!  I thought, HOW MEAN.  And THEN I realized that the name would, most obviously, be reserved for George to use.  In the encyclopedia I'm guessing we will see that George has a son named Fred!!!  I hope so, at least.

Anyway, as for the TOPIC of this post, my first thought was Arthur.

Even though I was shocked at there being no Sirius as well.

Mom_2_Boyz
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:14 PM
I just read through the live chat that someone posted and it did say that George named his first son Fred!

As a mom, I have to say that my first two boys have names from my husband's family and I finally almost demanded something from my family (my father's name, actually) for our third son.  SO- I can see Ginny getting her picks in too even knowing how important the other names were for Harry.
VegasJellyFish
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 5:22 PM
I am thinking James Sirius. I think maybe Lily was named after Ginny's mom. That way they are all in there. She was like a mother to Harry in the book.
jackmommy06
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM

I know in the wizarding world (I've read in several interviews) it is customary for the first born son to have his fathers name as his middle name (eg Bill's middle name is Arthur, Harry's is James) so I think it is a strong possibility that James's middle name would be Harry.  Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)