Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why wont my mother meet me?

Posted by   + Show Post

As a birthmother it is very hard for me to understand how a mother would not want to reunite with her child.
Here is a link to an article by Carole Anderson titled "Why won't my mother meet me?"

http://forums.afteradoption.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=279

by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Replies (41-42):
ecnative
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Sarah,

I know those feelings all too well.  I relinquished my daughter in 1979.  I am searching now and I was in complete denial.  I have been in therapy for 9 months and the wounds and scars are really deep.  My daughter began looking for me in 2001, amom's help and then again in 2003, but she never went through with it.  I do not know the reasons, this is what I found out from the post adoption director at the adoption agency.  I hope we will meet someday.  I know her name and the general vicinity of where she lives and where her parents are.  I just want to be as mentally prepared as I can, for we all deserve something better, better understanding of who we are, what we can to be and where we want to go.

cotweety32
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM

HI I FOUND MY BIRTH MOM FIVE YEARS AGO AND SOMETIME I CAN TELL SHE DOENST WANT TO TAKLK TO ME AND SHE DRINKS SO MUCH AND IS MEAN SOMETIMES AND SHE HAS SAID AT ONE TIME LAST YEAR SHE DIDNT WANT NOTHINMG TO DO WITH ME BUT SHE WROTE A LETTER BUT NEVER GAVE IT TO ME AND I AM HURT BECAUSE SHE GIVES HER YOUNGER DOUGHTER MORE ATTENTION THEN ME AND IT ISNT REALLY HER CHILD JUST A GIRL SHE HAS ADOPTED HER SELF AND RAISED HER AND MY BIRTH MOM IS LEGELY BLIND TOO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN