Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newby intro

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

Hi, My name is Maggie....I live in NW Ohio. The proud grandmother of 15, and proud owner of a Brother Innov-is 1250.I have been into sewing most of my life.  Been hooked on Singers most of that time. My hubby bought this machine for me just a little over a year ago.  Now, I have always learned the hands on way. 

My mom passed away, and I got her Viking +1. As I didn't have an engineers licience, it and I didn't get along. I took it in to have it surviced, and with what it was going to cost, we bought this machine.  It has taken me all this time to really be able to run it like it should be run.I learn something new about it everytime I use it....as I am raising two of my grandsons, sometimes I just don't have time.

I love to sew, and have done some things that people tell me I;m crazy for doing. I have 10 wedding gowns under my belt, stuffed animals, (mostly teddy bears) kids clothes, and more things than I want to mention. I was a little disapointed that I can't do Disney, but I can work around that!  I love my set-up, and find that I am addicted to the embroidery now.  

Thanks for having me....

Maggie

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Vamadia
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Wow! 10 wedding gowns!  That's awesome!  Adult clothes and I don't seem to get along, can never get them just right.  Baby and kid clothes I can do just fine...I'm weird I guess, lol.

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Apr. 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Nope, not weird....I made all of my daughters clothes for a long time.  When I got the urge to make my own, I started doing others.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)