Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here.......

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Hello ladies, just joined the other day and wanted to pop in and introduce myself.  

My name is Vada....married for 13 years, have 4 kids ages 16, 9, 8, 5.  I have been sewing since I was about 8 or 9 years old, my aunt that raised me taught me.   Hubby bought me a Babylock Ellure Plus about 4 years ago....Love it!

I hope to get to know you ladies!

taterandmoon. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Apr. 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Hi Vada,  I joined a week or so ago, and haven't heard from anyone.  My name is Maggie, I'm in NW Ohio.  Married (the second time) for 15 years. We have 5 adult kids between us, and 15 grand children. I have been sewing for as many years as I want to remember.  I got a Brother machine lastyear in February, and am still learning.  I love to sew!  It got me through my divorce...and I didn't end up in jail...LOL.  Glad to meet you, I hope we can get this group moving! Between my sewing machine, my dogs, my grands, and my computer, My days are never dull!

Vamadia
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Hey Maggie!  First off I have to tell you that I sometimes call my daughter Maggie, she loves it but hubby hates it and doesn't want her called that.  Her name is MaryAnn Marguerite.  He wants her called MaryAnn, but mama calls her Maggie and Magpie.

I was wondering if this group was completely dead or what.  Maybe someone else will pop in soon and we can get it going again.

Have you checked out the websites they have posted for free designs?  There are some great ones out there!  Just wish I had the time and money to go have my machine upgraded so that will work with my computer so I could use them!

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Apr. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM

They have a bunch of sites on yahoo for embroidery. Do you have a reader writter for your machine?  That is how I started.  I have so many designs that I am always downloading to disks so that the computer doesn't get low on memory.  I know that babylock is made by brother.  

Yes...this group is dead!  Before I posted, there hadn't been any posts since January.  I really can't understand it.  

Maggie

Vamadia
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I don't have a reader/writter, but my machine will hook up to the computer via USB.  I have to upgrade my machine to work with Windows Vista and Windows 7 though for it to work again.  I need to find someone who has an older computer that I can use to do that, or I can drive 45 minutes to the store where I bought it and they will do it for me, and probably charge me an arm and a leg to do it.

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Apr. 28, 2011 at 8:05 PM

If you have Vista, You should be able to get on line with windows, and download 7. I am not sure how much that costs, but I have had XP, Vista, and now 7, and I would chose 7 hands down. Now, for designs.... go to yahoo, check out the groups. I am a member of about 50 ngroups. The one I like the best...is bearlymakinit.  They have freebies every day.  They are working on a bear pirate alphabet.  Also check out suebox.com. They are the most beautiful elegant designs.  There is also designsbysick for cute, and some really beautiful designs.  Do you work with PES designs?  I have collected over 10,000 designs!  I have only been at this for a year!  I am addicted .  

Maggie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)