Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

Hey, everyone.  My name is Jill and I am a school teacher in Jackson, MS.  I have always wanted an embroidery machine and finally got one.  Although, it is used, it is MINE!  Now, I have a Problem in that I don't know a thing about it.  I am looking at the demo versions of Sew What Pro and Embird.  SWP looks easier, but I don't want easy to make me buy something that I will not be happy with later on.  Any suggestions?  I am somewhat computer literate, but have not figured out Illustrator and Embird reminds me of that.  I'm sure I'll have a million questions and I think I have found a place that has ALL the answers here!  Thank you for allowing me to join and I am looking forward to getting to know y'all!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DonnaMB
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Hi Jill. I'm Donna and I am new too. My son works for a sewing and vacuum store here in Silverdale, WA, so I have picked up on a few things. The questions he asked me to ask you are, 1) what kind of machine did you buy? 2) What are you going to do with the machine? ex. start a business, sew for your kids, ect... 3) What do you want the software to do for you? ex. Create your our embroidery designs, edit designs that you buy? That is about all I can think of now. I will ask my son any questions that you have.

I hope you have a Blessed day,

Donna

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Hi Jill, I'm kind of new here too. I bought my machine almost two years ago, and am still learning things about it. I have heard that Sew What Pro is a good program. I have a brother 1250, and PElight. I can not convert other formats to the pes, but I am so happy with my machine. There are a lot of groups on yahoo for machine embroidery, and most offer free designs...in all formats. I had to get the PElight before I could download any tho.  Alot of these groups use embrid. Good luck, but mostly...have fun!

Maggie

marybu
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Hi I am also new here and just reading all the post. I purchased the Memory Craft 9700 and have the same questions as to which software is the best. I will mostly be using my machine for monograms and putting names, dates on the back of quilts. Were you able to find a software program that didn't break the bank but still has a lot of usable features?

Marybu

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I use Sew what pro. It is an awesome program, and affordable!  I have a Brother 1200 and I absolutely love it. I have only had my machine for 3 years, But I am sooooooo addicted.  I have 15 grandchildren, so the machine runs a lot. My name is Maggie, and I am in NW Ohio.  This group is somewhat quiet, but I will come back to you. If I can help, ask away!

marybu
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Thank you I am sure when my machine arrives I will have alot of questions for you.

Mary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)