Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to find a good embroidery machine

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

I'm in the process of looking for my third embroidery machine and would like some feedback as to which one(s) y'all like best.  my first was a husqvarna viking and I loved it but had to sell it for financial reasons. My next was a Singer Futura CE200....I sold it because I couldn't figure out how to transfer fonts to it.

I'm now looking for a machine that I can connect to my computer to get designs, fonts, etc without having to have an engineering degree.  Does any one have any suggestions?  I am also looking for one that has two hoop sizes.

Thank you in advance for your help

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Check with Brother. I have the 1200, have had it for 3 years now, and I love it.  It will need a program, I'm not sure which one, but I have PE Lite, and Sew What Pro. I love them both. The PE Lite was around $400, and the Sew What Pro is online, and under $100.  SWP converts to whatever format you have.  I know Brother has lots of machines, and are in comparison to Viking, but way less money.

marybu
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Hi I just purchased the Janome 9700, Janome is the only sewing/Quilting/Embrodery machine that has the built in Embrodery unit. You switch from sewing to embrodery just by pushing one button and putting your hoop right on top of the extra wide sewing area. It comes with 2 hoops and you can purchase the extra large giga hoop if you want to do larger designs. It also has several built in fonts and embrodery designs, other can be downloaded on to a PC card and then you enter the card into the adapter, and into your machine to transfer the design from the computer to the machine. This way the machine does not need to be next to the computer to transfer. Hope this helps you.

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

OH, that just bites. I only have the 5x7 hoop, but it's good for me. I have a straight-zigzag machine too. It's not unusual to see both machines running! However, I have become so addicted to the embroidery that the other machine doesn't come out often!

craftyonecent
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM

The Brother PE 770 may be just what you are looking for.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)