Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good starter machine??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I am looking into buying an embroidery machine. I do not want to spend a whole lot of money, since it will be my first machine, and I will be learning on it. I am thinking about purchasing the Brother at Walmart, but I don't know anything about them. It is about $300-400, so I am wondering if that is a good investment to learn on??

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

TIA

Christina

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gorilla_Mama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Im new to embroidery too but i just wanted to say check out craiglist!! I just got a much nicer machine for less then what I could even buy a beginner machine for at walmart. Its in great shape, came with the manual and with the bigger hoop options its something I can grow into.

And as an added plus, the lady who sold it to me was able to not only give me a hands on tutorial of how it works but stressed that if I have any questions to call because if she doesn't have an answer she probably knows someone who does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
craftyonecent
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Not sure if you already made a purchase yet, but I would recommend not getting anything less than one with a 5x7 hoop.  You will soon outgrow the 4x4 and be glad you held out for larger.   Afteraaa year of having my Brother 780d, I'm ready for a bigger hoop!  

hugsPenny Meaux

DandMsMommy
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Thank you! No, I haven't had a chance to buy anything yet, so I will take that into consideration!

smperkins25
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Look on hsn. Sometimes they include embroidery programs, the deals are unbeatable and I love flex pay!

Dee_Dee_15
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I have a Brother 1200, 5x7 hoop, and I love it.  Last Christmas, my hubby bought me a second hoop.  NICE!  I have the PE Lite program with the reader/writer card. I have had it for 3 years now, and every time I use it...I learn something new about it!  Now, when you get your machine...in a very short time, you will  get addicted.  I have been sewing for alot of years, and when I got the embroidery machine, that's all I wanted to do!

nakisha.aguallo
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I've had my innovis 950-d for two months and wish I had a bigger hoop.  So bummed already.

Quoting craftyonecent:

Not sure if you already made a purchase yet, but I would recommend not getting anything less than one with a 5x7 hoop.  You will soon outgrow the 4x4 and be glad you held out for larger.   Afteraaa year of having my Brother 780d, I'm ready for a bigger hoop!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)