Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free Embroidery Designs

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2007 at 11:17 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 6215 Total Views
Please post websites here that give away free downloadable embroidery designs.

www.freeembrioderystuff.com is a good place.
by on Aug. 14, 2007 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jhc
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2007 at 8:08 PM

www.sewforum.com

there is a section on this forum called "free embroidery designs" and people post designs they have created for free download
you just need to sign up to be a member
I have gotten great designs there
Mellow49
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Hello. I'm just joining CafeMom tonight. I know about and belong to SewForum and I also have a lot of designs that I have digitized and posted on SewForum. My name on SewForum is mellow. Most of the old designs that I digitized have been removed for my newer ones.
SueSews
by Member on Dec. 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM
One of my favorite embroidery sites is www.charmingstation.com.  She has some wonderful free embroidery designs.  She just gave 24 free red-work snowmen that are absolutely adorable.  I made 21 newborn size "Santa" hats out of red crushed velveteen and put a different "white" work snowman on each one and donated 20 of them to our small community hospital (my newborn great-niece got the 21st one!).  If you join her Yahoo Group there are even more.
Sue
BabyKaysMom
by Member on Dec. 15, 2007 at 3:38 PM
I didnt know you could donate things for babies to a hospital...it makes sense though and its a great idea for Christmas.. My friend had her baby TODAY! I could make up dozen or so embroidered onsies to donate.. Thanks for the great idea!
SueSews
by Member on Dec. 15, 2007 at 11:53 PM
As far as I know almost all hospitals love to have newborn items donated to them.  Most of them have someone that can't afford much
so they love to have all kinds of items on hand to give to the new babies.  I usually only make hats since they are quick and easy but onesies, blankets, anything is usually appreciated.  You might want to contact the Maternity Ward and talk to the head nurse just to make sure but (with one exception) all hospitals have loved anything I can make for them.  The above mentioned new great-niece was in the Newborn ICU for about a week and she came home with 2 hats and a quilt that had been donated to that hospital. 
Sue
BabyKaysMom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2007 at 2:05 PM
that sounds so great. I will look into it!

I also wanted to post the website www.embroiderydesigns.com
You can get 3 free images a week without a purchase

They also have free conversation so if you have a design that you cant use on your machine there is a place on the website you can convert the image to your machine's type...I am always having to convert images to PES form and this website is great for that!

Oh they also have a free font software you can download. It allows you to type out any words you want and create them for embroidering...Its pretty fun..Ive been playing with it all week.
SEAMSNTHINGSGA
by Member on Jan. 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM

www.annthegran.com has a good variety of free designs
 Most all of the manufacturers have websites and they offer free designs.
www.brother.com
www.singer.com
www.bernina.com
www.husquvarnaviking.com
www.janome.com

sheerasmom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2008 at 8:22 PM
I spend a lot of time browsing ann the gran. she is going to have a seminar in orlando, florida in april that I am planning to attend. Lately ive been spending time at emblibrary.com. she has a lot of really inexpensive designs some free designs and lots of good sales
empty nester Nellie
SueSews
by Member on Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:37 AM
Here is another one I just found:  http://www.mybargainstuff.com/.  They have several really cute Valentine "In the Hoop" designs and one for St. Patrick's Day.
Sue
luvmyawsomgirls
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM
www.youcanmakethis.com I found this last night there are not just too many free designs  but they change them out often. It is a craft site so you will have to go to the machine embroidery section and the free section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN