Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my needle broke in the middle

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

i am very new to emboidering.  I was embroidering "SJA" sometime during the  A the needle broke.  it wasn't finished.  i took it out and undid the A, but now i don't know if i should undo the SJ also and start all over again.  is there a way to make sure that i get the A in the right spot? i really don't know what to do other than pick the entire thing out which it a huge pain in the butt.  thanks if you can help at all.

by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Luvmycolliesx2
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Are you able to back your machine up to where the needle broke? Or have you already unhooped your design? If you've already unhooped the design then it's almost a given that you won't be able to get it just right again - so I would take it all out (not fun!) and start over. If you haven't unhooped it try backing up the needle to about 15 stitches before it broke. Most embroidery machines are equipped to to do this. Look thru your manual to see :o)

Nique
WhisperingDragons Sewing Lessons Group Owner

lmeyer7716
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 2:51 PM

unfortunately i already unhooped it.  i didn't realize they could do that.  i need to sit down with my manuel and spend sometime reading it.  thanks.

gidget1988
by on May. 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM

good luck I have this feature on my machine and it is so great! I am so thankful for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)