Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a certain design

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

I am new to embroidery.  I am just getting my first machine.  I would like to be able to make the sweatshirts and t-shirts that say "Grandma's Little Angels" or things similar where you can list the children's names on it.  The little kid faces and stick people are cute too.  I tried to look online but am not really finding what I am looking for.  Anyone know where I can find the designs to make this type of shirt?  THANKS!

by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
missy0136
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM

try looking on ebroiderydesigns.com. That's where I get most of my deigns.  Hope this helps.

annebeckett
by Member on Apr. 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM

If you have a pic of what you want (even clip-art), any digitizer can do it up for you.  I digitize and I charge by the hour (at 35 dollars per hour), but for people in this group and for other embroiderers, in general, I discount that by about 50 percent.  Usually, designs take me one or two hours to do, and you end up with a design that is totally YOURS.. meaning that nobody else has it (unless you give it to them).

So, it's a consideration.  One thing I know, and I am not bragging here;  I have been doing this for over a dozen years and my designs generally sew cleaner, with fewer (if any) thread-breaks than what you find in "stock" designs.

If interested, you can email me (look me up at Anne's Embroidery, Austin, TX)..  It's possible for us to do all of this online.  I mean, you can send me a design and payment online and I can send the digitized design in an email.  In fact, if you want me to look at a design and give you a quote, prior to digitizing, I can do that, too.

Anne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)