Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Posted by on May. 6, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

I just got a new sewing machine which I love and it embroiders which I love as well still learning the ins and outs but its so much fun when things come out right. My question is if anyone has embroidered on blankets and burpies do you just embroider on the top piece of fabric or do you go through all layers? I have embroidered a couple of burpies and only did it on the top piece but what is the right way? Any advice would be great. Thanks ladies

by on May. 6, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nanna716
by New Member on May. 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I got my sewing/embroidery machine last Dec and I too LOVE learning what everything is to do with it...Answer to your question is it is neater just doing top layer, Burp cloths I use cloth diapers and I went all the way through so I guess it is up to your choicing.

Did you know you can use clip art as well?

lavender ribbon

gardenwmn
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Quoting nanna716:

I got my sewing/embroidery machine last Dec and I too LOVE learning what everything is to do with it...Answer to your question is it is neater just doing top layer, Burp cloths I use cloth diapers and I went all the way through so I guess it is up to your choicing.

Did you know you can use clip art as well?

How do you use clip art? 

KarlasKreations
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM

You can use clipart if you have some sort of digitizing software.   I use Digitizer Pro from Janome.   There are many others on the market.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)