Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:28 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
I love my husband and I respect what he does. But grrrrrrr it drives me crazy having him gone more than he's home and raising two teenagers (thank God they're good kids) by myself. Then when he comes home he has to "throw his weight around" to change everything we've been doing while he's gone. I assure him we've functioned just fine while he was gone.
He is a great guy and I know how much he's sacrificing for us. I wish he'd realize I work full time also and he doesn't need to kill himself by working so hard.
A great new song I would like to share with truckers and their wives. Http://robanthonymusic.com The song on the front page is about truck driving.
Would love to hear from other truck drivers spouses and gf's.

~ Yvonne ~

Proud to be a truck drivers wife! If you bought it...a truck driver brought it!

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cocoqueen31
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:31 AM
My ex is not a truck driver, but he was gone 90+ percent of the time,  I dont know why they feel the need to come in and screw everything up.  I would talk to him about it, sometimes that helps.  Gotta remember though he is a guy and they are pretty thick skinned about alot of things.  Best of luck with this one and congrats on having a couple of good kiddos!!!  In this day and age that is an accomplishment that is hard to come by!!!!!!!!  Take care!

baker963
by New Member on May. 7, 2008 at 12:36 AM
Hi, my husband has his own truck and trailer. It is so hard sometimes to keep up the pace! I am mom to 4 children, ages 22, 21, 17, and almost 3!! I am mom, book keeper, dispatcher, childcare provider, and wife!! I also have a grand daughter who just turned 1 year old last month!! This is the first  time for me to be on the computer doing something just for me!! Anyhow, It is good to know there are a lot of us moms here dealing with our husbands being away. If my husband makes me too angry, I can always send him somewhere like Texas for the weekend!! Haa. He knows better than to tick me off since I am the one finding his loads for him!! I have had many arguments in the past about how we should handle the kids, I do things a certain way and then he comes home and wants to change everything!! It is better now since most of our children are grown up, but it has been a long hard road!!
implosionexp
by New Member on May. 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM
My grandfather was a truckdriver all his life and growing up I always wondered why they argued all the time. Now I know. My DH is gone 3wks a mo and when he gets home it's like a war zone for a few days. He will ask me why I did something the way I did and I usually tell him because he wasn't the one doing it. Stupid huh?? I have 2 kids from a previous marriage but we have one on the way and I am so afraid of how he will handle it when he's home. My grandmother used to tell my mom "just wait till your daddy gets home" for whatever and I don't want that with this one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)