Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone do T-ball for their kids???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

Last year we did T-Ball for Bailey and he seemed to really enjoy it! He wants to do it again this year so I was wondering if anyone else puts their kids in any sports? This was Bailey last year!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myaahp
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

My 5 year old is doing t-ball through Puyallup Parks and Rec this year. It will be his first year, and we are sooooo excited. I also have 2 kids doing couch pitch this year, it will be their first year also.

silla710
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Awesome! We were thinking bout doing coach pitch this year for our oldest but we'll see!

Quoting myaahp:

My 5 year old is doing t-ball through Puyallup Parks and Rec this year. It will be his first year, and we are sooooo excited. I also have 2 kids doing couch pitch this year, it will be their first year also.

Vicki98026
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My sons are both older now, but yes we did T-ball.  I think kids learn a lot and get a lot of positives by being involved with sports.  I know there can be some negatives too when parents get too competitive and get their own egos wrapped up in their child's sports.

For one thing it helps kids burn off a lot of energy and get some excercise - much better than sitting inside watching TV or playing video games.

It teaches teamwork and getting along with others - even sometimes those with difficult personalities.  My kids formed friendships that extended way past their T-ball years. 
While sitting on the bleachers watching the games, I also got acquainted with other moms and made some great lasting friendships.

Kids learn how to win and lose (hopefully gracefully) to understand what good sportsmanship means.

They learn that practicing something leads to improving your skills!

If they have any athletic talent whatsoever, they won't ever discover it if they don't have the opportunity to play for a few years.  Even if they never play competitively it is an activity they may enjoy throughout their life.

Although there were some bad coaches and disappointments, I was never sorry that my kids were involved with sports.

Vicki S. Green

Love to travel?  Make your next vacation a PAYcation!
www.SeattleTraVerusTravel.com

Enter the weekly drawing to win a FREE candle at:
www.bellamiacandle.com

jaysmomma09
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM

i would love to get my son in tball soon. he will be 4 in april. what age do places normally start the kids? 5? i'm in Kitsap county! thx!

sweetbonnie
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Quoting jaysmomma09:

i would love to get my son in tball soon. he will be 4 in april. what age do places normally start the kids? 5? i'm in Kitsap county! thx!

For 4 try YMCA in Bremerton. I had my son in YMCA T-ball for two years over here in Jefferson Co and I loved how they did it! It is for ages 3-6 so it is very laid back and so cute. My son will be doing regular T-ball this year, I think he's ready for a bit more structure where last year he wasn't.

Mom To A Sweet Cati love my daughtersI Love My Little Boycervical cancer awareness
AbsurdlyCool Freebie Finder -- Automatically find the best freebies online!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)