Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beadwork?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any other mommy's in this group that do beadwork?  If so where are you located and do you have a favorite beadstore? 

My name is Brenda and I am located in Tacoma.  My favorite beadstore is Bead Boppers in Puyallup.

This is a pic of the cuff bracelet I started on Friday, 1/23/09 and wasn't able to finish until 1/24/09. It is the first thing that I have ever made using Herringbone Stitch.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out

I would love to see some pics of other beading moms beadwork.

If you do not bead, then what is your favorite craft?

Brenda

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sweetbonnie
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 3:53 AM

That's pretty!

Mom To A Sweet Cati love my daughtersI Love My Little Boycervical cancer awareness
AbsurdlyCool Freebie Finder -- Automatically find the best freebies online!
Beasic
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Yeah that is really pretty!

Epic Life Photography

mom to Elsa, Kjell, and Liala!

mama_pas
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

That is so lovely!  I don't do beadwork, but I enjoy making homemade cards and scrapbooking (though I am waaay behind on my scrapbooking!).

jbirchard
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM

i dont do bead work.  make hemp jewelry and im a beginner sewer. 

AndieeM
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I do beadwork, and mostly right now I have not had time to make anything,  I love going to Ship Wreck Beads, that is my favorite.  But when I can't go there, I go to the bead store in Coupeville.  I live on Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor!

EclecticGypsy
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting AndieeM:

I do beadwork, and mostly right now I have not had time to make anything,  I love going to Ship Wreck Beads, that is my favorite.  But when I can't go there, I go to the bead store in Coupeville.  I live on Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor!

I like Shipwreck too.  I mostly shop with them online.  I am disabled and do not due much freeway driving.  And it is hard to find anyone willing to drive ne to Lacey so that I can go bead shopping. 

I also want to say thank-you to everyone for their nice compliment regarding my bracelet.  I am going to start another herringbone bracelet tommorrow.  Hopefully it will turn out as nice as the first one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)