Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Battlefield of the Mind- Intro

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 2486 Total Views

OKay- let's see how this works- I have converted it to a Rich Text File- which allowed me to at least copy and paste in our forum....For those particptating, please let me know if this works for you- I may be limitied in posting the chapters due to restrcitions on lenght- but I am sure I can do the questions this way---

Battlefield of the Mind- Introduction

The Bible makes it clear that the mind is the leader or forerunner of all actions. Proverbs 23:7 tells us: "For as he" [a person] "thinks in his heart, so is he .... " (Also see Romans 8:5.)

If we renew our mind according to. God's Word, we will, as Romans 12:2 promises, prove for ourselves "what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" for our lives. If we think and dwell on negative thoughts, we will have a negative life.

God wants us to experience the fullness of life He sent Jesus to proovide for all those who believe in Him and receive it; Satan wants to stop us from receiving all that God has for us. Because our actions are a direct result of our thoughts, Satan's strategy is to wage war against us in our minds by bombarding us with thoughts contrary to the truth of God's Word. He wants to deceive us into believing damaging patterns of untrue thoughts, or strongholds, that we will allow to influence our lives and hold us in bondage.

The battlefield is the mind, and 2 Corinthians 10:4,5 describes the weapons of warfare God has given us "for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds." This study guide describes how to use those weapons.

USING THIS STUDY GUIDE

The purpose of this workbook is to reinforce the principles taught in my book, Battlefield of the Mind. You will need a copy of Battlefield of the Mind to work through this book.

This study guide is written in a question and answer format. By readding a chapter in Battlefield of the Mind, the designated Scripture verses, then answering the questions in the corresponding chapter of the study guide, you will gain a deeper understanding of the principles and learn more easily how to incorporate them into your daily life.

To use this workbook, look up the corresponding chapter in Battlefield of the Mind and read it. Next look up in your Bible the Scriptures designated in the study guide and read them. This is an important step because those Scriptures are the basis of the teaching in that particular chapter and are taken directly from that chapter.

Answer the questions in the study guide by referring to the approopriate chapter in Battlefield of the Mind. Once you have finished answerring the questions in each chapter, turn to the answer key in the back of this book to check your answers.

1. Work at a comfortable pace. Don't rush to finish quickly. Stay in each chapter until you have a thorough understanding of the material and how it pertains to your life.

2. Follow these steps with each chapter in this study guide.

3. Use this study guide for individual study or group discussion.

When using it in a group, discuss your answers and learn how to apply the principles in a way that may not have occurred to you until you heard the experiences of others.

Consistently and steadily working through this book will help you renew your mind to God's Word. You will find that your pattern of thinking is gradually transforming from wrong, negative thoughts into God-like thoughts. Changing your way of thinking will enable you to change things in your life that you thought you would have to live with forever.

WALK IN GOD'S GOOD PLAN FOR You

Lining up our thoughts with God's thoughts is vital to overcoming negative thoughts from Satan and brings freedom and peace. We must know God's Word well enough to be able to compare what is in our mind with what is in the mind of God; any thought that attempts to exalt itself above the Word of God we are to cast down and bring into captivity to Jesus Christ. This process takes time.

I believe the God-directed, God-empowered principles in this study guide are important tools that will help you to achieve this goal. I want to encourage you to study and meditate on them; then apply what you learn to your life and allow the Holy Spirit to enlighten the eyes of your spirit (which is your heart) with God's wisdom and revelation. As you do, I believe you will see great results in winning the war that Satan has launched and ensure your victory in the battlefield of the mind.

If you are one of millions of people who suffer from worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger or condemnation, you are experiencing an attack in your mind. But you don't have to live your whole life like this! Satan offers wrong thinking to everyone, but you do not have to accept his offer.

I pray that working through this study guide, along with the book, Battlefield of the Mind, will help firmly establish in your heart forever that you need to begin to think about what you are thinking about, so that you line up your thoughts with God's thoughts. This renewal of the mind is a process that requires time, but it is well worth the effort. For when you begin to see God's good plan for you in your thinking, you will begin to walk in it.

Questions

1. Read 2 Corinthians 10:4,5; Proverbs 23:7 KJV

Why are our thoughts important? _______________________________

2. Read Romans 8:5

How do our actions relate to our thoughts? ________________________

3. Read Romans 12:2

How will our lives be changed if we renew our minds according to

God's Word? _____________________________

4. Review 2 Corinthians 10:4,5

How will we know the difference between what is in our mind and what is the mind of God?   ___________________________________________________

Mrs. Somebody
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom27g
by Group Admin on Feb. 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I'm excited to get started on this :)

Pam
Mom to 2 boys, wife to a wonderful husband 

Group Owner - Marraige Under God
http://www.cafemom.com/group/21411

Group Admin - Christian Mom's Bible Study Group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/14804
Group Admin - Mommies4Jesus
http://www.cafemom.com/group/52273

mom27g
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Questions

Why are our thoughts important? _I think they are important, because are thoughts are really how we feel, and God knows are thoughts. _

How do our actions relate to our thoughts? _we need to make sure our actions reflect how we feel about God_

God's Word? _we will be transformed into the good and perfect will of God

How will we know the difference between what is in our mind and what is the mind of God?   _things that are in the mind of God are much more powerful than the things just in our mind. __

Pam

Mrs.Somebody
by Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Questions

Why are our thoughts important? Because they hold power as well define who we are.

How do our actions relate to our thoughts? Our thoughts dictate our actions.

God's Word?  If we put our thoughts in line with God's we will be able to walk in the path He has for us and follow His will for our life.

How will we know the difference between what is in our mind and what is the mind of God?   When we compare our thoughts to God's (the Bible) we should see what is wrong and what is right. 

Mrs. Somebody
mom27g
by Group Admin on Apr. 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM

the last one is a good reminder for us all when we are questioning our thoughts :)

Quoting Mrs.Somebody:

Questions

Why are our thoughts important? Because they hold power as well define who we are.

How do our actions relate to our thoughts? Our thoughts dictate our actions.

God's Word?  If we put our thoughts in line with God's we will be able to walk in the path He has for us and follow His will for our life.

How will we know the difference between what is in our mind and what is the mind of God?   When we compare our thoughts to God's (the Bible) we should see what is wrong and what is right. 

Pam

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)