Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's surgery update

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:08 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 359 Total Views
My 5 year old Brady was born with a form of amniotic banding syndrome. He was born with a normal right hand, but his digits on his left had no bones in them and are very short(nubbins is what they are called).His thumb on te left hand was ok, but a little shorter than normal. He has now had 3 surgeries through Shriner's hospital in Chicago. His most recent surgery was Friday May 4 2007. In the first surgery, they removed his second digit and transfered the toe next to his big toe to his hand as his middle finger. It was a long surgery, but very successful. The second surgery was to remove a blood clot that he got climbing out of his hospital bed( gotta love 2 year olds). His most recent surgery was to remove excess scar tissue and release the tendon in his toe-finger so he has more movement. As far as I can tell, this one was successful. Even the doctors at Shriners are amazed by how good he looks. Hopefully all you other moms are as positive as I try to stay, because if the kids think they can do anything, then they can! 
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)