Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intro

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 4:55 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

well let me start with this, i got pregnant in march of 2001, with my first.  And had an uneventful and great pregnancy. I never had an ultrasound, my doctor said he only did them when he felt something was wrong. But we also did not want to know the sex of our baby,  so it was an exciting time.
On Halloween, i went to work, like every other day, but was feeling a bit off.  I only had to work a short day, so i was home just after noon.  It was a beautiful sunny 50 degree day, so i decided to go rake the few leaves from our back yard.  no big deal, or so i thought!
about a half an hour into it, i had to pee, so i did, but the pee would not stop.  It was not a heavy flow, but enough to soak a pad in just a short time.  So i called the hospital, and the nurse told me that it was just pee, and to go lay down. Mind you i was only 35 weeks. So after soaking another pad, i called my SIL, who has 4 boys,  and ask her whats going on.  She asked me if it was pink-ish or bloody, and i told her it had a light pink tint to it, me not thinking that had anything to do with anything, she said thats not pee, its amniotic fluid. so i freaked out!
By this time my husband had just walked in the door, from his first day at a new job!  and i told him what his sister said, and that we needed to go to the hospital,  so off we went! it was about 6 pm.
Hospital called Dr., Dr checked me, not dilated, no contractions, but it is definitely my water leaking, then woosh, there is the rest,  and after about 3 and 1/2 hours of them "thinking"  what they should do, in goes the IV, with pettosin (sp)  Then around 11 pm i start hard labor, and at 5:38 we have a brand new baby BOY!!!! 5lbs 13oz and 19 1/4 in long.
And i am sure as every mom does, you expect 10 fingers and 10 toes, as did I.  But much to my dismay he did not have 10 fingers or 10 toes.  and i was in shock.  he is missing his right thumb and two middle fingers, his pinkie and ring finger on the left are webbed, his right foot is completely webbed, and his second and third toes on the left are webbed.  and he was born with a small skin tag on his right arm.  and rings around both ankles,
so now 5 years later and 4 surgeries later he is as normal as any other 5 year old, he is left handed and as bright as they come! Such a joy to have, and i think God had good reason for giving him to us! I know that he is such a blessing and has had the whole family head over heals in love with him since the day he was born!

i just want to know if there are any other moms out there that would like to talk about ABS, or maybe new moms that have babies with Abs looking for support!  I look forward to chatting!

Rebekah

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)