Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent... and could use some advice

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Good morning ladies,

1st off I want to say I love my daughter to no end... She is my world I was a single parent 90% of her life (sense she was 3yrs old) she is now 18 almost 19... I tried really hard to always be there for her and be her friend sense it was only her and I but that is where I went wrong I was more worried about her liking me then being extra tuff on her about what she needed to accomplish in life. I have always worked sense I was 14yrs old I wanted a better life for her then the one I had. When I found myself alone and being a single parent I worked two jobs to bring home everything she needed. While she was growing up I always told her to make the best out of life... Work for what you want to accomplish, get good grades, go to college, don't drink, don't do drugs, respects other people how you want them to respect you... Two years ago her grades got extremely bad and she wanted to change schools so she would not be the only one not graduating... I agreed and let her go to a continuation school and even told her she should take night classes with me at the college I attend. I told her if she did not finish school now and got a degree it would be extremely hard once she is an adult and like me has to work full time and go to night school. See I told her that as long as she was in school (college) I would support her financially. But if she decided to stop going then she needed to get a full time job to help out. Last year she decided to quit school (drop out) and did not even tell me until the next year had started; because she is past the age of 16 legally I can't force her to go. Now she sits around the house all day not doing anything. I get home and the house is a mess because she made the mess and left it. So we argue over the dumbest things and it always gets into a shouting match... I told her last night that she needs to get a full time job and help out or move out with her friends. I don't really mean it ( the moving out part) but I'm just so stressed out with work (I may be out of work in October) her not helping around the house, having an attitude all the time and seeing her throw away her life is more then I can handle. I'm sorry ladies its kind of long but I needed to get it off my chest and I was hopping maybe one of you is going through the same or have been there.

Joelma

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)