Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Started

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
I am interested in learning the art of tarot.  Where do I start?  What do I need to do, buy or read???  Does it matter what tarot deck I get or use?
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
novalmom
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 12:28 PM

With the Tarot cards, it just depends on what you prefer.
I prefer two different ones, either Raider Waite, or Universl Waite(which is what I have now).

Tabatha

HazMatMom
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Ditto Tabatha...

The Rider Waite and the Universal Waite are both really good decks.  They are almost identical, the Universal uses softer colors.  The images on the cards do a really good job at conveying the meaning of the card. 

A good online reference is www.learntarot.com - she has a little lesson plan set up that is really interesting.  Also, www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn is a really good read too.  They also have a message board that is a wealth of information.

As far as books go, I believe the one I had recommended to me was by Joan Bunning... can't remember the name of it though.  I'll check and get back to you on it. 

kissmiss213
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Quoting HazMatMom:

Ditto Tabatha...

The Rider Waite and the Universal Waite are both really good decks.  They are almost identical, the Universal uses softer colors.  The images on the cards do a really good job at conveying the meaning of the card. 

A good online reference is www.learntarot.com - she has a little lesson plan set up that is really interesting.  Also, www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn is a really good read too.  They also have a message board that is a wealth of information.

As far as books go, I believe the one I had recommended to me was by Joan Bunning... can't remember the name of it though.  I'll check and get back to you on it. 

thanks for the links, i myself have been looking into tarot, these will help so much!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)